Abusive Motorist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I've returned to cycling after a hiatus because of an injury to my knee. On my first bike ride yesterday a horrible abusive motorist tried knocking me off my bicycle and shouted,

"Get off the road you fat p*ki"

Fortunately I had my Garmin VIRB action camera recording so I have video footage. I'm wondering if the police would take it seriously if I made a report?

I should think so. That's a two offences.

This should help you report.

https://www.nextbase.com/en-gb/national-dash-cam-safety-portal/

Oldhippy

Cynical idealist
Sorry you had to have that happen. Report it definitely. Over and above the harrassment for riding a bike racist abuse is not acceptable at any level as others have said. Don't let it put you off.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
Sorry you had this experience, I am sure most police forces in the UK would be very pleased to prosecute this driver. I hope that your report will be acted on thoroughly and this nasty loon will be dealt with appropriately. Well done getting back on your bike.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
I too suspect they plod will take it seriously. Even if he just gets a bollocking, they'll have his card marked next time he hassles or even thumps someone else.

I've returned to cycling after a hiatus because of an injury to my knee. On my first bike ride yesterday a horrible abusive motorist tried knocking me off my bicycle and shouted,

"Get off the road you fat p*ki"

Fortunately I had my Garmin VIRB action camera recording so I have video footage. I'm wondering if the police would take it seriously if I made a report?
I think you really must report it - if only for the sake of anyone else, perhaps less robust than you (mentally and/or physically) who might be targetted by this despicable lump of slime next time.
Believe you me, there will be a 'next time' if action isn't taken this time.

Top Bottom