Abusive motorist fined

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
So, its not a 2 week ban then

its a 2 week suspension

Am sure if the word ban wasnt used the public might get a little more upset in some of these cases ?

tbh I'm not sure where the idea he got a two week ban came from. It wouldn't seem congruent with the offence of public order. I wouldn't swear that you can't get one, but I wouldn't have thought so. I'm no expert on sentencing - police, and my role in the police in particular have little to do with this side, other than occassionally giving evidence.

If it could be clarified where the mention of a two week ban came from it'd be interesting?

Additionally, the words 'ban' and 'suspension' are our own play on words. The official title would be 'disqualified from driving', which has a slightly different ring to it.

BSRU

A Human Being

gb155

Fan Boy No More.
tbh I'm not sure where the idea he got a two week ban came from. It wouldn't seem congruent with the offence of public order. I wouldn't swear that you can't get one, but I wouldn't have thought so. I'm no expert on sentencing - police, and my role in the police in particular have little to do with this side, other than occassionally giving evidence.

If it could be clarified where the mention of a two week ban came from it'd be interesting?

Additionally, the words 'ban' and 'suspension' are our own play on words. The official title would be 'disqualified from driving', which has a slightly different ring to it.

Thanks for the reply

I'm not having a dig but many a time I've read reports of a short term "ban" and always wondered the score:smile:

machew

Veteran
For those of you who have been following the long-running tale of me being threatened by a motorist last summer, it went to court today.
After seeing the helmet cam footage the defendant, Robert Johnstone, changed his plea to guilty of an offence under Section 4a of the Public Order Act. The magistrate ordered him to pay costs of (I think) £105, compensation of £25 and gave him a driving ban for 2 weeks.
This is a great result for cycling in Birmingham. A 2 week ban shows the magistrates took this very seriously. £25, ironically, is what I paid for my helmet camera and memory card.

birmingham cyclist

brokenflipflop

Veteran
He was fined £130, cost him some of his time and a 2 week ban which considering people around here get a £250 fine for having no MOT, tax and insurance is a decent result. I think it was a good result.

He'll think twice before being aggressive and foul-mouthed in future with any luck. peanut !

brokenflipflop

Veteran
By the way, the article said he took the footage on a £25 helmet cam. Can you get a helmet cam for £25 ?

yello

I'll be honest I don't think it is a good result. £25 is something anyone can afford, even if on benefits.

Inclined to agree. I'm sure some would even consider it money well spent!

I too would have liked to have seen a somewhat stiffer sentence though, in all honesty, not sure what that'd be!

lozcs

Guru
[QUOTE 1702884, member: 45"]oooh, where did you get yours from?[/quote]

Ebay seller - eletoponline365

I've got a type #11 and have just bought a type #16 as like the improvements.

I also bought a Jumbo cycle mount as the velco wasn't ideal for bar mounting with the curved surfaces. (seemed OK for helmet mounting though) Hopefully I can bodge this to fit.

I would have preferred the Jumbo as a type #16 purely for the better battery but seems the Jumbo is only available in type #11.

[QUOTE 1702884, member: 45"]And where's the lens? [/quote]

right at the end - the opposite side to the key ring. - should be clear fom that video above.

brokenflipflop

Veteran
Ebay seller - eletoponline365

I've got a type #11 and have just bought a type #16 as like the improvements.

I also bought a Jumbo cycle mount as the velco wasn't ideal for bar mounting with the curved surfaces. (seemed OK for helmet mounting though) Hopefully I can bodge this to fit.

I would have preferred the Jumbo as a type #16 purely for the better battery but seems the Jumbo is only available in type #11.

right at the end - the opposite side to the key ring. - should be clear fom that video above.
Does that Jumbo cycle mount link show the ignition key off an Audi Q7 4.2 DTI Quattro S-Line ?

Top Bottom