Abusive motorists

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TallMan

Just recived a torrent of abuse for following the HC from 3 different motorists and a one guy who cut across me on busy roundabout and didnt even had the decency to look once to his right

Three in one go ? That's unusual. What did you do ?

OP
OP
T

TallMan

that was over a 2 hour ride , but got so fed up with it felt like it was neverending , and all i did was basiclley follow the highway code.its a shame your average car driver doesnt.

Moodyman

Legendary Member
Your post and the fact you're a new joiner suggests you might have recently taken up road cycling. Welcome to two wheel propulsion.

Whilst you're perfectly entitled to be on the road, many motorists don't see it that way. Look up 'cycling roadcraft' and you'll see hints and tips to getting comfortable on the road. A more assertive and confident riding technique goes a long way.

gbb

Legendary Member
Dont let it (or try to anyway) spoil your day, it will occasionally happen, just a fact of life I'm afraid.
Be alert, read the road, read drivers (and peds...and occasionally other cyclists) and you begin to manage your surroundings. You cant win sometimes though, sometimes it just happens, shrug your shoulders and ride on, the good days far far outweigh the bad ones IME.

DCLane

Found in the Yorkshire hills ...
:welcome: @TallMan

It happens. Some days I have lots of those and then nothing for weeks. Commuting into/out of a city is probably the cause. Don't go too close to the kerb, make your intentions known and keep vigilant.

I'm also guessing it's happening more currently because the roads have been quiet and many drivers haven't driven much in weeks, if not months.

Rocky

Hello decadence
@TallMan ..... sorry you got all that abuse. It can really grind you down after a day at work. Hopefully, as @DCLane says, you'll now go weeks before you get any more. There seems to be a lot of aggression about at the moment. I've certainly seen it on the roads round here.

Don't let it put you off......remember cycling is the best sport in the whole wide world.

OP
OP
T

TallMan

How did you guess cougie .. also i was rideing about 5 feet from the kerb which seemed to upset evrybody. these guys need to read the highway code before they start with abuse

HMS_Dave

Grand Old Lady
Remember, you're not suppose to exist on the road. You don't pay road tax, Insurance and neither do you have an MOT. How very dare you! Move aside peasant and get a job! :rolleyes:

winjim

Smash the cistern
My wife informs me that 'angry bald man in a convertible*' has once again been spotted back in his natural habitat. A sure sign of spring and it'll certainly brighten things up as we queue in turn for the single lane entrance** to our road.

*I mean a specific ABMiaC, although I'm sure they exist as a genre.
**It's actually a fairly broad double lane but you know, parked cars and shoot.

Top Bottom