Access problem at work?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Maz

Guru
Same problem with my access at work. The word 'chat' is objectionable to the IT bods, so they now block access to the cyclechat forum.

Shaun

Founder
Well, the domain name - workrelatedstuff.net - is available. I could buy it and add it to the cyclechat server alias!

Do you think that would bypass your work's network monitoring?

Cheers,
Shaun

Shaun

Founder
I've modified the title of the homepage and the forums to remove the word chat.

Can someone give it a try at work tomorrow and report back?

Cheers,
Shaun

Maz

Guru
Admin said:
I've modified the title of the homepage and the forums to remove the word chat.

Can someone give it a try at work tomorrow and report back?

Cheers,
Shaun
OK. I'll give it a try tomorrow...not sure I fully understand you (you being an IT dude), but the address of this forum still has the word 'chat' in it. i.e. it's cyclechat.co.uk/forums/...etc

You should change it to cycleradar!

Shaun

Founder
Well, I'm not sure if the blocking at work some users are experiencing is based on key words in site title, or whether it's based on the domain name.

I've changed the titles to remove the chat word to see if it helps.

If not, it's likely to be blocked on a domain name basis.

I'm assuming that some works' networks have software blocking that is updated on a regular basis with new sites that should be denied. Maybe CycleChat has made it onto the list?

If that's the case I'll tag another domain name onto the server alias.

Shaun

Founder
Okay, I'll try tagging another domain on and see if that works.

Might take a few days to set up, but I'll post an announcement once it's done. ;)

yorkshiregoth

Master of all he surveys
I tried using a colleagues login at work who has generally full internet access and it still doesn't work. I only get intranet and very limited internet at work.

Top Bottom