Accessory suppliers other than the big river?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
you sure?
I used to use them a lot - lots of sensible stuff many UK sellers can't be bothered with.

I thought they had stopped selling anything to the UK.
Can't blame them.
Pop up on Rose Bikes site:

Last I heard they were not selling bikes but were selling accessories. Obviously I don't get the pop-ups so I wasn't up to date.

Sad, but as @Blue Hills says, I don't blame them.

Last edited:

simongt

Guru
Is there a 'Dr. Bike' type operation near you - ? The type of outfit found at universities and in backstreets that recycle bikes and sell them to worthy folk lacking funds for full price items. We have two or three in Norwich. They tend to stock all sorts of wee bits and pieces which may suit your needs. :whistle:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Is there a 'Dr. Bike' type operation near you - ? The type of outfit found at universities and in backstreets that recycle bikes and sell them to worthy folk lacking funds for full price items. We have two or three in Norwich. They tend to stock all sorts of wee bits and pieces which may suit your needs. :whistle:

Could always try 'little river' ?

Ribble ! :laugh:

Our Dr Bike's near the Uni are terrible. OK if you wanted inner tubes, but that was it.

OP
OP
K

KnittyNorah

Über Member
Is there a 'Dr. Bike' type operation near you - ?

Nothing that I know of, or have been able to find - and the Dr Bike website only mentions Bristol, BathNES, North Somerset, South Glos, Nottingham and Derby.

There are lots of bike retailers round here but they're too far to get to (at present) on my bike, aren't convenient for public transport, or the one that I did get to didn't seem to have much stock of anything in the shop - hence so far I've bought various essentials from Wilko and Aldi/Lidl, who at least seem to treat their staff decently and - AFAIK - pay taxes ...

freiston

Veteran
I'm not sure about the bits and bobs that you want but my first ports of call for bike stuff are SJS and Spa. I live within two miles of a Decathlon and so I do look there too; I quite like a lot of their clothing though I'm not a lycra clad rider so I'm not just looking at their cycling-specific stuff. I do occasionally use Wiggle, haven't used Evans for years and sometimes I will find something at an online bikeshop that I've never used before and make a one-off purchase, like PlanetX (tyres), Edinburgh Bicycle Co-op (Endura trousers many years ago), Triton Cycles (rear rack for folding bike). Some good stuff at decent prices can be found on Ebay. I used to use Rose Bikes too and still feel annoyed at that port of call no longer being open to me.

With regards to a fabric velcro-fastening bottle holder, there might be something suitable in walking/hiking/running shops - walkers and runners often use similar bottles to cyclists. I have such a holster that I bought from Trespass a few years back - it even came with a bottle.

Top Bottom