Accident this evening. NW London

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Roosterrun

Regular
Hi all,
haven't really posted on here for a while but thought I should get some advice and thoughts on what just happened...
I was riding home from work, pulled up at a set of lights behind another guy. Its a two lane junction with the left hand lane we were in for straight ahead and turning left and the other lane for turning right.
As we pulled away on the green light a car (dark blue mercedes I think) from the right hand lane has pulled across to the left in front of the traffic, across the cars and the guy in front has slammed into him. Of course then the car has sped off.
Anyway so the guy picks himself up as I get his bike and lights off the road. After spending a few minutes with him and making sure he's ok, he says he's ok to carry on. 2 minutes up the road and I'm thinking 'what an idiot I am - I didn't even give him my name!' I haven't seen anything like that for a while so I didn't immediately go through the process of what I should have done.
Is there anything else I can do now or is it too late? Not sure if the guy reads the forums but he was a big aussie and the accident was on the corner of The Vale and Hendon Way (A41) going east.

Tynan

Veteran
if he was ok and the bike was ok then nuff said i suggest, I doubt anyone is going to find the car.

I have left my contact details with other parties at accidents but they've never been taken up, probably because they circumstances were blatantly clear and ambulances arriving can witness the scene to boot

OP
OP
R

Roosterrun

Regular
Well it's certainly made me want to get a helmet cam!
Like I said its the first time I've seen an accident right in front of me for a while and it could just have easily been me if I had gone round him.
Having a day to think about it I don't think there was a lot else I could have done. Him and the bike were both ok so it could have been a lot worse.

rliu

Veteran
Still worth giving someone your details in future, I was sent compensation from an insurer earlier this year after I was knocked off on a roundabout. The driver was nice about it and I only had bruising and cuts, my bike was OK aprt from scratches to the pedals and skewer. If that car was ever tracked down, by say streetside CCTV or speed cameras, the other rider could have got some financial compensation for his troubles.

Top Bottom