Accidentally I have a single speed bike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
Thanks to a slightly tipsy eBay frame purchase, some discarded parts generously donated by a fixie friend and a very tolerant local Bike Doctor I now have a single speed bike!

I've only cycled a mile in it and it felt weird, but in quite a nice way.

I'm using a cheap duerrieler (sp?) to tension the chain as the chain tensioner we tried didn't wrap around enough of the rear cog and made the chain jump.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1345222737.412985.jpg

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
And there was me expecting this to be a tale of exploding rear mechs, gear leavers falling off or sommat.

Lee_M

Guru
And there was me expecting this to be a tale of exploding rear mechs, gear leavers falling off or sommat.

I had that once, riding up a steep hill out of st Albans my derailleur fell of and jammed my rear wheel

I was smashing it at the time and somehow the locked wheel managed to throw me forwards over the front of the bike, in front of a bunch of school girls

I threw the bike in a skip and never went back for it

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
A locked rear mech is always fun. I had one on the way to work a few years back - threw the bike into an instant spin. God only knows how I didn't come off...

OP
OP
Andrew_Culture

Andrew_Culture

Internet Marketing bod
At the risk of turning this into a mad cat man thread, here's Rinny looking at me disapprovingly while I cleaned the bike I'm selling in the dinning room.

ImageUploadedByTapatalk HD1345235044.502167.jpg

Top Bottom