Accidents waiting to happen.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Thanks for your daring frankness.
As an ex vespa rider i also wonder how the braking is on them, especially in the wet.
It is more than an issue of how much force can be applied to the brakes of course.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Just seen more kids racing escooters up & down my road. To those who say it's 'fun'...may well be, but the road is not a playground:okay:.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
Would you say the same if the kids were on bicycles?
Most kids I see on bikes don't take chances with traffic as they know how fast they can go, restricted by their ability. E-scooters, press the button & you're off. Speed is exciting when you're young...and you are tempted to take more risks.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Some e scooters are good at stopping with dual electric and disc brakes. Others are rubbish at stopping because they only rely on electric braking. If they were legalised for private owners use then standards of braking could be regulated.

I'd need a lot of convincing. If you had any sort of decent front brake at all, you'll be over the handlebars, and by definition a back brake is never going to be good.

It also occurs to be that the inherent instability and lack of stopping makes being slightly sensible almost self enforcing, since you'll learn to behave after coming a cropper a few times.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
What could possibly go wrong....

Profpointy

Legendary Member

You may jest about the plug-socket, but a dodgy bodge for a failed circuit is a cable with a plug each end. You plug one end into a live circuit and the other into the disconnected one to bring it back into use. This works fine until someone unplugs it again when the original fault is fixed and you now have 240v on the exposed pins, which are invariable left to zap the unwary. Nearly as bad is two plugs on a lead where you need more current than a single 13 amp socket can supply - again not too clever

Last edited:
Top Bottom