ACL reconstruction with meniscus repair

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bobinski

Legendary Member
I really am puzzled by this.

From day 1 I was doing mobility work at home - morning and evening
By day 14 walking was more or less normal with full extension
Day 17 I was in the gym
Day 22 on i was doing daily 2 hour sessions in the gym, plus home based mobility
Day 27, my log shows. AM mobility work at home, PM 90 mins gym based mobility, 20min static bike, 20 min water walking & squats

I missed this and @vickster’s reply which says it all. At 56y I am REALLY fortunate that the consultant was able and more importantly, willing to repair. Protecting the stitches/healing area is vital hence the brace and restricted knee movement and general mobility.

Last edited:

berty bassett

Legendary Member
upload_2018-11-30_16-47-21.jpeg
I'm 56 you know ! :biggrin: hows the knee Bob

OP
OP
BigTam

BigTam

Über Member
My ACL op went well, nearly 18 months post surgery, at the time I was told by my surgeon that I had also had torn both the medial and lateral meniscus, I was under the impression that both had been repaired at the same time as the ACL.
All seems to go well until about 8 months ago, then started getting pain at the side of my knee, further investigations, then had to have an arthroscopy last week, the surgeon hadn't repaired the lateral meniscus, so that has been done now, bit cheesed off, 18 month since ACL and now having to start rehab again, won't be as intensive or take as long but still a set back none the less

PK99

Legendary Member
My ACL op went well, nearly 18 months post surgery, at the time I was told by my surgeon that I had also had torn both the medial and lateral meniscus, I was under the impression that both had been repaired at the same time as the ACL.
All seems to go well until about 8 months ago, then started getting pain at the side of my knee, further investigations, then had to have an arthroscopy last week, the surgeon hadn't repaired the lateral meniscus, so that has been done now, bit cheesed off, 18 month since ACL and now having to start rehab again, won't be as intensive or take as long but still a set back none the less

Frustrating!

Top Bottom