Acquired tastes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

GrumpyGregry

Here for rides.
Campari+soda, and to a lesser extent, Aperol.
Tonic water
Guinness from a bottle

Any and all manner of truly bitter bitter drinks.

You've simply not tried hard enough to acquire the taste.
I would answer but I expect these posts to be deleted and the thread locked after your deviation.

Salty seadog

Space Cadet...(3rd Class...)
DSC_0116.JPG

Anchovies on pizza.

You surely mean omelette.

gbb

Legendary Member
Olives.
We have a property deep in olive growing territory in Andalusia in Spain, so you get a handful with everything you eat or drink.
I hated them at first but have grown to love the green ones. Thankfully they rarely offer you Black ones.
I prefer them quite pickled but Mrs B prefers them very green. We are like Mr & Mrs Spratt.

I recently also discovered the delights of very expensive cured Ham - Jamon. Oh my lord, it's fantastic.
I'm the same. Holidays in Greece introduced me to olives....meh...eughhhh,....ooh maybe....and I've got to the stage where I could happily eat a tub of them from Aldi. Every holiday now I pile on the olives on a starter salad...especially the black ones :hungry:. Working in Cyprus I'd often get their bread with olives inside...no idea what it was called.

The jamon story reminds me...
I was working near Castellon and ventured into a mountainside restaurant who clearly weren't used to English speakers ...and I not used to Spanish menus.
I scanned and could only recognise jamon...'por favor' I asked as I pointed to the menu. The waitress asked something I didn't understand..I apologised and smiled and shrugged my shoulders. I'll get something with it I thought, potatoes, fries, bread maybe...no, just a plate of different, probably local, cured ham.
Oh well....I left hungry :blush:

Ian H

Ancient randonneur
I came to liking all vegetables after I started growing them.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Blue cheese is probably my best example, only came around to it a few years ago where previously the smell and sight of it made me feel sick. Not sure how or why I first tasted it, I was drunk probably. I've been converted to many foods while drunk. Dutch courage can be a good thing, although I've not yet been drunk enough to try a pickled egg.

U

User33236

Blue cheese is probably my best example, only came around to it a few years ago where previously the smell and sight of it made me feel sick. Not sure how or why I first tasted it, I was drunk probably. I've been converted to many foods while drunk. Dutch courage can be a good thing, although I've not yet been drunk enough to try a pickled egg.
You don't know what you are missing! Yummy :laugh:

Top Bottom