adipose, greasy, oily, fat, fatty, oleaginous, pinguid, sebaceous, blandish, lubricious, smooth, slippery, fawning, glib, obsequious, plausible, serv

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Hyper politeness in the ”meejah” gets my goat. Discuss.

Heard this earlier while in a “ The Archers“ parallel universe (Eddie Grundy rides a nice Pinarello btw)

Radio journalist Steve Adore presenting morning news: “Thanks Trudy. Looks like I’ll need my coat later. Now, it’s eight minutes to eight. What future for cycling forums? Lots of people arguing about nothing, or valid web space for advancing a better understanding of the Rolhoff hub gear? Joining us from WhichBikeForum, Rob Bank. Mr. Bank, which cycling forum do you see best fits the modern cyclist’s needs?”

Rob Bank: “Well Steve, let me say first of all what a delight is to be speaking to you live on Radio Borsetshire on this fine April morning? And what a pleasure it is to hear your voice, Steve, if I may say so? Thank you so very much for having me on your amazing show, which, Steve, I never miss, I have to say. Steve.”

Steve Adore: “Your preferred cycling forum?”

Rob Bank: “I can say this Steve, that my preferred forum Steve - and thank you by the way for your excellent introduction Steve - is the forum I generally subscribe to when I’m wanting a forum to tell me, Steve, about issues relating, Steve, as I said, to cycling. Lovely old Steven, my old mate, eh Stevey baby. Such a well-phrased question about a forum on bikes and so beautifully -Steve - enunciated, if I might be so bold. I really like how you, Steve - and thank you - got the “ f “ of “ forum” to sound so “eff-like”. I’m so grateful for this oppor...”

Steve Adore: “I’m going to have to stop you there. It’s eight o clock and over to the newsdes...pip pip pip piiiiiip”

gbb

Legendary Member
Boils my pee when people dont get to the point, just freaking say it for chrissakes.
Someone at work does this a bit, I can feel my annoyance receptors spiking as he skirts around a subject, vectors off in a sub story etc etc. Arghhhhh

OP
OP
Randomnerd

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
Well, not procrastination. Politeness gone mad. As though the speaker has been in a marketing seminar and only heard the bit about "using the mark's name to draw them in to the sale".

Okay they go on a bit. But they're playing a game together which they're all playing in that rarified media cloud. Unsubtly hoodwinking one another with fakery.

It doesn't work. We stop listening don't we? Or do we think "they're a pleasant, friendly woman...they must know what they're on about and be trustworthy. I'll take this in"?

I'll let it slide over me of course, and try to avoid doing it myself.

At a deeper level, I like finishing my day thinking I've been myself, and been genuinely me. I do wonder how those sleaze-yappers really feel as their head hits the pillow.

Hyper politeness in the ”meejah” gets my goat. Discuss.

Heard this earlier while in a “ The Archers“ parallel universe (Eddie Grundy rides a nice Pinarello btw)

Radio journalist Steve Adore presenting morning news: “Thanks Trudy. Looks like I’ll need my coat later. Now, it’s eight minutes to eight. What future for cycling forums? Lots of people arguing about nothing, or valid web space for advancing a better understanding of the Rolhoff hub gear? Joining us from WhichBikeForum, Rob Bank. Mr. Bank, which cycling forum do you see best fits the modern cyclist’s needs?”

Rob Bank: “Well Steve, let me say first of all what a delight is to be speaking to you live on Radio Borsetshire on this fine April morning? And what a pleasure it is to hear your voice, Steve, if I may say so? Thank you so very much for having me on your amazing show, which, Steve, I never miss, I have to say. Steve.”

Steve Adore: “Your preferred cycling forum?”

Rob Bank: “I can say this Steve, that my preferred forum Steve - and thank you by the way for your excellent introduction Steve - is the forum I generally subscribe to when I’m wanting a forum to tell me, Steve, about issues relating, Steve, as I said, to cycling. Lovely old Steven, my old mate, eh Stevey baby. Such a well-phrased question about a forum on bikes and so beautifully -Steve - enunciated, if I might be so bold. I really like how you, Steve - and thank you - got the “ f “ of “ forum” to sound so “eff-like”. I’m so grateful for this oppor...”

Steve Adore: “I’m going to have to stop you there. It’s eight o clock and over to the newsdes...pip pip pip piiiiiip”
Many thanks, Mr Nerd.

OP
OP
Randomnerd

Randomnerd

Bimbleur
"Click"

That's the sound of me switching off. :okay:

Well, okay. Usually half way through a bowl of porridge, wanting to hear the news on Radio 4. You mean I reach for the Off button and let Sidney Sycophant force me to sit in silence, staring at the dog?

What about this? Let's have some interviewers not standing for it for once. "Right Rob. Let me stop you there. Button it. We don't know one another, so hold off on all the Steves, will you? Just answer the question, rather than telling me what a great question that is. I know. I wrote it. That is my bleeding job. Your job is to answer it, Rob." or words to that effect

Top Bottom