Adjusting the Saddle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I have just replaced the original saddle off my giant defy with a fizik arione which i have had for a few years.
I keep adjusting the saddle to the level position but every time i start tightening the bolt the saddle is moving to a tilted downwards position.
I have tried holding the saddle and rails why tightening but it is still moving.
Anyone got any ideas why this is happening?.

Sharky

Guru
Are you using a post with a single bolt or one with two (fore and aft)?

Ajax Bay

Guru
This is not a saddle issue, it's a seatpost issue. Try putting the old saddle back on and see if you can get it right. Then use that learning to get the Fisik level after clamping.
What's the seatpost and if you say 'Giant' then let's have a picture of the top of the post without the saddle clamped on?

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
This is not a saddle issue, it's a seatpost issue. Try putting the old saddle back on and see if you can get it right. Then use that learning to get the Fisik level after clamping.
What's the seatpost and if you say 'Giant' then let's have a picture of the top of the post without the saddle clamped on?
I cannot take a photo

at the moment as i have a problem with my phone but i have copied this image which shows the seatpost.
2014-Giant-Defy-Composite-2-Frameset.jpg

Top Bottom