Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Blue Hills
I tend to think of myself as a huge Geography buff and there's usually no obscure part of the world that I'm not well up on. It's a large part of my job (and a busman's hobby) to know the world and all its cities, regions, counties and geopolitics.

Then a question came up on Pointless the other night asking for the capital of Liberia. My wife said "isn't it Monrovia?" to which I confidently (and wrongly) replied "nah, Monrovia is a little country in its own right I think".

Mrs C was right of course, she scored 6 points, and I've temporarily lost my Geography Expert badge, replaced with the Dunce hat for at least a week I reckon.
One from Mrs c to restore balance?

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
They'd have recorded it sooner had some stupid not burned the place to the ground :okay:
Thankfully, the Rolling truck Stones was available! :laugh:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
I was amazed to find out something I had misheard for close on sixty years and it was on here in the 'Friday night music' thread.
I posted the Johnny Horton classic 'North to Alaska' from YouTube which came with the lyrics about the gold rush. After listening to it through and seeing the lyrics I couldn't believe.
All these years I thought he was singing 'North to Alaska I'm going north to Russia zone'.
In fact it was 'I'm going north to Alaska I'm going north the rush is on'.

View: https://youtu.be/FYFm0RgRkks

cheys03

Veteran
Not a recent ignorance, but still hurts. I didn’t know how ice cube bags worked, and better yet cursed the moron who had designed them.
But it was I who was the moron.

View: https://youtu.be/_Dj0hwUTKE0

Bimble

Bimbling along ...
I've been driving for more years than I care to remember, but it was only last year someone pointed out to me that the fuel pump symbol on your dashboard has a little arrow to indicate which side of the vehicle the fuel filler is on - DOH!

1648600782974.png

Top Bottom