Admit your ignorance - things you've only just realised/learned

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Corsage: a spray of flowers worn pinned to a woman's*** clothes.

(The answer to a cryptic crossword clue. I solved it as that word, but had to check.)

*** Other spray-toting genders are available!

OP
OP
Blue Hills
Corsage: a spray of flowers worn pinned to a woman's*** clothes.

(The answer to a cryptic crossword clue. I solved it as that word, but had to check.)

*** Other spray-toting genders are available!
ta colin but should maybe have defined things better/sorted the title (I meant to put "ignorance" in it - will try to change - ie things you had always had a mistaken idea of - otherwise we'll repeat the "true odd factoids" thread.

and you aint ignorant of course.

edit - edited title for ignorance

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
Not exactly 'only just' learned, but it was only after about 30 years of listening to Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water, and 20 years of listening to far too much Frank Zappa did I learn that Smoke on the Water is a song about a Frank Zappa concert :blush: (i really should pay more attention to lyrics)

T4tomo

Guru
Not exactly 'only just' learned, but it was only after about 30 years of listening to Deep Purple's Smoke on the Water, and 20 years of listening to far too much Frank Zappa did I learn that Smoke on the Water is a song about a Frank Zappa concert :blush: (i really should pay more attention to lyrics)
👍some stupid with a flare gun, burnt the place to the ground... and thus Machine Head was recorded.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I tend to think of myself as a huge Geography buff and there's usually no obscure part of the world that I'm not well up on. It's a large part of my job (and a busman's hobby) to know the world and all its cities, regions, counties and geopolitics.

Then a question came up on Pointless the other night asking for the capital of Liberia. My wife said "isn't it Monrovia?" to which I confidently (and wrongly) replied "nah, Monrovia is a little country in its own right I think".

Mrs C was right of course, she scored 6 points, and I've temporarily lost my Geography Expert badge, replaced with the Dunce hat for at least a week I reckon.

Top Bottom