Admitting to my secret addiction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

walker

I've gone the other way, I used to be an avid Gym fan, working out every day at the gym having the pecs, the big arms, tight buns. that Was till I found the joy's of cycling, now I have a pigeon chest, bigish arms, even tighter buns. I used tio love it till I got bored of staring at 4 walls all the time and the idiot's making stupid grunting noises becuase they was lifting more than they really needed to. Keep at it Patrick and you can become quite strong and toned, but become too big and stamina on the bike starts to take a back seat

domtyler said:
You mean you do 6 reps of 10kg? And then add it up to make 60kg?

They're called lat pull-downs or something. I do 2 sets of 12 reps at 40kg so it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Patrick could do 60kgs. (And I'm built like Xena warrior princess as a result xx()

walker

Patrick Stevens said:
Only the one where you sit down and pull a bar down. xx( It's not exactly difficult and I only do 10 at a time.

its called a lat Pulldown, does the higher back and shoulders, am I corrrect?

walker

Kirstie said:
The addictive effect of going to the gym is produced by the endorphines released following strenuous exercise, by the way. Even if I go to the gym feeling really down I come out with a smile on my face...

same chemical's as produced by having sex with a real person.

walker

Kirstie said:
As opposed to having sex with...? Judging by some threads this week, one of those dodgy japanese bicycles, for example? Or indeed a bicycle all on its own...! xx(

I said a real person as I knew some smart ar$e would say something about self relief

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Kirstie said:
They're called lat pull-downs or something. I do 2 sets of 12 reps at 40kg so it's not beyond the bounds of possibility that Patrick could do 60kgs. (And I'm built like Xena warrior princess as a result xx()

I struggled at around the 50 kg mark, but then I got the technique right with the breathing and it became a lot easier.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Elmer Fudd said:
Aaaaah! Go on now, you will, you will, you will, you will, you will !

(I've seen her piccy, she can beat me too !)

With a woman it's usually either something completely trivial, like a fondness for Smarties, or it's to do with some obscure sexual practice. :tongue: If Kirstie feels that she needs to "test the water" she can always send me a PM with the details and obtain my expert view on whether the details are suitable for the forum. xx(

Blonde

I used to go to the gym. I went at least three times a week for about ten years. I miss the definition of muscle but i am actual;ly fitter in other ways now I do more cycling and less gym work. I basically gave it up when i started doing silly-long audaxes as I was too tired during the week to do the gym on top of the long rides and I also really needed the extra time it freed up to do all my shopping, housework etc on a night, as I was cycling all day (and night) Saturday and Sunday. I don't know how on earth I ever found time to do the gym though. I used to spend over two hours, five times a week there. Now I just go home (on the bike) but by the time I've cooked and eaten tea I've only got two hours to cram everything else in (DIY, washing, housework, shopping and possibly even spending some time with the loved one) before I need to sleep at ... ahem... 9pm.... So what happened to all my time?!!! I do now have a loved one to spend it with of course - that is one thing that has changed....

Arch

Married to Night Train
Patrick Stevens said:
And, muscles have started to appear on my puny frame to the extent that I'm tempted to send a picture to Arch.

I wouldn't bother. Arch thinks the whole gym/muscles thing is frankly over-rated, and is much more bothered about a man's brain.

But if it makes you happy, good luck.

OP
OP
Cycling Naturalist
Arch said:
I wouldn't bother. Arch thinks the whole gym/muscles thing is frankly over-rated, and is much more bothered about a man's brain.

But if it makes you happy, good luck.

Brains don't enter into it while we real men are pumping iron. xx(

Top Bottom