1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Admitting to my secret addiction

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Cycling Naturalist, 29 Oct 2007.

1. Cycling Naturalist

Cycling Naturalist Legendary Member

I'm going to cough to it - I've become addicted to going to the gym. After going on a casual use basis and feeling obliged to spend longer on each session than I wanted to, I signed up for a membership last month and have been going four or more times a week.

The effect is quite remarkable, and where I once struggled with 30 kg weights I'm on double that now. And, muscles have started to appear on my puny frame to the extent that I'm tempted to send a picture to Arch. xx(
    I feel a lot stronger too.

Does anyone else feel this effect, or is it just because I started from such a low base?

2. Lord of the Teapot

Lord of the Teapot New Member

Never been to a gym

3. Twenty Inch

Twenty Inch New Member

Move onto free weights. You'll soon feel inadequate again.

You know what they say: If your Gym membership is costing you more than money, you have a problem. You'll be scoring horse steroids in the car park, you'll have mood swings, your genitals will shrink. Enjoy.

4. Bigtallfatbloke

Bigtallfatbloke New Member

you'll need ear plugs for the crappy dance music

5. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

xx(:ohmy::ohmy: I've got the last two and I haven't taken the steroids yet.

6. col

col Veteran

I have heard there is a natural feel good drug produced in the brain,when you do this,so other than feeling fitter and stronger,you will be high on natural stuff too.Wish i had the shifts, and the get up and go to try the same, nice one.

7. Smeggers

Smeggers New Member

My names Smeggers and I too go to the gym (in fact more than I cycle).

8. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

I go immediately after cycling home, so I'm already warmed up and I get the effect more quickly.

9. Yes I love going to the gym, but it's not my secret addiction (to which there is absolutely *no* chance of me admitting on a public forum)

10. bonj2

bonj2 Guest

you're on 60kg? :tongue: on what machine? how many reps?
    reminds me of the episode of saxondale where he has a gym instructor show him how to use the machine, then when he's gone, he 'cranks it up a bit'. Feckin' hilarious. You should watch it, download it off bittorrent (use torrentspy.com) or something.

11. col

col Veteran

I used to some years ago,but i was on more social shifts then.

12. Fnaar

Fnaar Smutmaster General

You tease...:sad: Nowt to do wi' black puddings? xx(:tongue:

13. Nope.

14. OP
    OP
    Cycling Naturalist

Only the one where you sit down and pull a bar down. xx( It's not exactly difficult and I only do 10 at a time.

15. domtyler

domtyler Über Member

You mean you do 6 reps of 10kg? And then add it up to make 60kg?