Admitting to my secret addiction

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I'm going to cough to it - I've become addicted to going to the gym. After going on a casual use basis and feeling obliged to spend longer on each session than I wanted to, I signed up for a membership last month and have been going four or more times a week.

The effect is quite remarkable, and where I once struggled with 30 kg weights I'm on double that now. And, muscles have started to appear on my puny frame to the extent that I'm tempted to send a picture to Arch. xx(
I feel a lot stronger too.

Does anyone else feel this effect, or is it just because I started from such a low base?

Never been to a gym

Move onto free weights. You'll soon feel inadequate again.

You know what they say: If your Gym membership is costing you more than money, you have a problem. You'll be scoring horse steroids in the car park, you'll have mood swings, your genitals will shrink. Enjoy.

col

Legendary Member
I have heard there is a natural feel good drug produced in the brain,when you do this,so other than feeling fitter and stronger,you will be high on natural stuff too.Wish i had the shifts, and the get up and go to try the same, nice one.

Yes I love going to the gym, but it's not my secret addiction (to which there is absolutely *no* chance of me admitting on a public forum)

bonj2

Patrick Stevens said:
I'm going to cough to it - I've become addicted to going to the gym. After going on a casual use basis and feeling obliged to spend longer on each session than I wanted to, I signed up for a membership last month and have been going four or more times a week.

The effect is quite remarkable, and where I once struggled with 30 kg weights I'm on double that now. And, muscles have started to appear on my puny frame to the extent that I'm tempted to send a picture to Arch. xx(
I feel a lot stronger too.

Does anyone else feel this effect, or is it just because I started from such a low base?
you're on 60kg? :tongue: on what machine? how many reps?
reminds me of the episode of saxondale where he has a gym instructor show him how to use the machine, then when he's gone, he 'cranks it up a bit'. Feckin' hilarious. You should watch it, download it off bittorrent (use torrentspy.com) or something.

col

Legendary Member
Patrick Stevens said:
I go immediately after cycling home, so I'm already warmed up and I get the effect more quickly.

I used to some years ago,but i was on more social shifts then.

domtyler

Über Member
Patrick Stevens said:
Only the one where you sit down and pull a bar down. xx( It's not exactly difficult and I only do 10 at a time.

You mean you do 6 reps of 10kg? And then add it up to make 60kg?

Top Bottom