Ads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Levo-Lon

Guru
Can they be turned off...
Also you get a " are you sure you want to like this post" when you like a post with adds top and bottom?

I know it helps pay for the site but I hate bloody adds when they are so easy to click when all you want to do is click the post or forum section.

Can't they be at the bottom of the page instead of in the bit you have to use to see stuff....

welsh dragon

Thanks but no thanks. I think I'll pass.
Enough is enough. I have just installed an ad blocker. No more ads. :bravo:

Levo-Lon

Guru
Are you sure you understand how advertising works? Anyway, there's already a thread about them over in Site Support, in case you haven't seen it.

After running a business for 30 years ,Yes I think I understand how advertising works..

I don't have site support switched on so no I didn't.

NorthernDave

Never used Über Member
[QUOTE 5441225, member: 9609"]
Tried to view something on a newspaper this morning 'kent on line' it was a link I was sent as it was something relative to me.. There is so much crap on that page it froze my router twice before it got all the advertising videos and flashing gifs loaded, then the page was so confusing with movement that I was barely able to read what I wanted. I really can't understand how anyone can tolerate pages like that.[/QUOTE]

Most local "newspaper" websites are like this now - our local ones website is similarly virtually unusable.

Kempstonian

Has the memory of a goldfish
I never see any adverts on here. I'm running Adblock Plus though so it isn't surprising.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I was just searching for an add blocker for Android Chrome don't want to install a different browser.

In the few time I have been here clicked adverts by accident now the whole farking internet thinks I want runners from H&M wtf

Reactions: mjr

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Count yourself lucky - my targeted add thinks I need liposuction.

upload_2018-11-14_12-43-23.png

I have have tried to resist using my ad blocker in case views get Shaun revenue rather than click thrus (which I will never use), but enough is enough. I have just turned it on for CycleChat.

Apart from the lack of ad scaling that messes things up on my mobile I've no problem with the ads on here.
I hit the 'x' and ask not to see stuff again in the choices.
I'm only getting ads for cycling related, British Legion and holidays now, and a few that make it obvious the thread content is being passed to the advertiser, like BMW appearing above the 'cycle for a car' thread.

Top Bottom