Ads

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Apart from the lack of ad scaling that messes things up on my mobile I've no problem with the ads on here.
I hit the 'x' and ask not to see stuff again in the choices.

Sucks to have to trade your personal details to avoid scam ads. Ad blockers are a better approach, sadly.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
I-ron-kneeeee...

upload_2018-11-14_13-27-13.png

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I need this apparently

IMG_20181114_140236.jpg

IMG_20181114_140342.jpg

It's the ones at the top that I keep hitting out of habit hitting new posts before ad has loaded properly.

On a serious note I made this observation before but when CC started the affiliate redirect my advertising away from CC seemed to follow me much more if I clicked a CC redirect it stayed with me for quite a while so much so I avoid clicking links in CC now.

Levo-Lon

Guru
So you advertised your business by putting your ads in places where people wouldn't see them. How did that go?

Yellow pages and local..sign writing..website.

Last edited by a moderator:

Katherine

Guru
After running a business for 30 years ,Yes I think I understand how advertising works..

I don't have site support switched on so no I didn't.
This thread is going to be merged with the one in site support , which is where this type of discussion belongs so please switch it on, thanks.

Joey Shabadoo

My pronouns are "He", "Him" and "buggerlugs"
In my case the banner ads on my phone are shrinking the columns of threads to 50% of the screen width making them very hard to read.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
I’m sorry, but I really don’t get why 2 little banners on the page are causing so much annoyance. :wacko:
Amongst other things:
1. they're slower to load than the site, so you go to click on something and between you moving and clicking, the banner appears and dagnabbit you clicked on the banner and then the Googopoly thinks you're a good mark for more ads like that;
2. donors were told the ads wouldn't appear for quite a long time but it seems that's over - I suspect people were expecting another chance to donate to keep the ads away;
3. some of the ads seem to be scammy or otherwise distasteful;
4. they seem to be farking up the layout on mobiles.

Top Bottom