Adults reading Harry Potter

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
and what did you make of all the films simon...? ;)

I've read no 1 to mini ao but no others.
She has just finished no.4.

We had the audi book of no 3 read by Mr Fry, the whole car journey to Oban and back in April. At least he's good to listen to...

Oh...and have been subjected to Harry Potter and pals on Youtube, a few times...

simoncc said:
In my experience the adults who read Harry Potter are the type of adults who wouldn't be reading anything but Hello magazine or an airport blockbuster otherwise, and would most probably be goggling at infantile dramas on TV or the occasional dumbed down TV adaptation of a Victorian/Regency classic with lots of girls in pretty dresses and dashing young men in tight trousers.

For these adults reading Harry Potter probably represents an improvement.

WTF? Bit of stereotyping going on there Simon??? ;)

Abitrary

simoncc said:
In my experience the adults who read Harry Potter are the type of adults who wouldn't be reading anything but Hello magazine or an airport blockbuster otherwise,

A deskmate at work forced on me / lent the first harry potter DVD on me at work (that's ****ing IT for you, and in our ****ing 30s for ****'s sake), and I had to watch it in order to stay popular with him and his small but influential coterie.

I can't remember the film except that it was like reading one of those comic strips in the daily mirror.

Abitrary said:
I think the same of adults who read Harry Potter as that of adults (and children) who read the hobbit / Lord of the rings etc.

Can anyone who reads any of this 2 dimensional brain rot please say so in order that I can compose my christmas ignore list.
Iv'e read The Hobbit and found it an enjoyable read, tried to read Lord of the Rings trilogy but found that to heavy going never read any of the Harry Potter's though but I have watched a couple of the films (1&2 I think) so please don't add me to your Christmas ignore list:smile:

Maz

Guru
simoncc said:
In my experience the adults who read Harry Potter are the type of adults who wouldn't be reading anything but Hello magazine or an airport blockbuster otherwise, and would most probably be goggling at infantile dramas on TV or the occasional dumbed down TV adaptation of a Victorian/Regency classic with lots of girls in pretty dresses and dashing young men in tight trousers.
You should use Sky+. Then you won't miss either.

simoncc said:

For these adults reading Harry Potter probably represents an improvement.

Yes but we all know that your experience leads you to the opinions you hold which are in fact fukcin worthless.

Abitrary said:
A deskmate at work forced on me / lent the first harry potter DVD on me at work (that's ****ing IT for you, and in our ****ing 30s for ****'s sake), and I had to watch it in order to stay popular with him and his small but influential coterie.

Says everything about you that Abitrary. Beneath the thin veneer of contrived humourous postings, lurks a jellyfish of a man of no actual value to anything.

jonesy

Guru
Abitrary said:
I think the same of adults who read Harry Potter as that of adults (and children) who read the hobbit / Lord of the rings etc.

Can anyone who reads any of this 2 dimensional brain rot please say so in order that I can compose my christmas ignore list.

Me! Me! Me!

LOTR is my favourite book! :thumbsup:

(cue pompous response from FM. ;))

And I've read the Harry Potter books, and enjoyed them (though not a patch on Tolkien), so please add me to your list! ;)

tdr1nka

Taking the biscuit
Crackle said:
Yes but we all know that your experience leads you to the opinions you hold which are in fact fukcin worthless.

Come on now, be fair, just because experience may be narrow and somewhat limited it should not render an opinion worthless.;)

can't see anything wrong with it. i had to start reading something as part of my cbt therapy and after the obree and pantani books these were lying around in the house, i've got up to the forth now.
certainly beats the brain rotting crap on the telly.

Top Bottom