Advertising campaign for cyclists.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

shayellis01

Hi all,

(I'm not too sure if this is allowed if not i'll happily delete the post!)

For university my team mates and I have been given a marketing brief to encourage cyclists to incorporate trains into their everyday commuting whether that be for business, leisure or anything in between. if you could spare a minuet of your time for us to collect some Market research (all confidential and anonymous) that would be great!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...-nybfwm4l8KaTsqnhqvTwMCA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you in advance.

IaninSheffield

Veteran
Hi all,

(I'm not too sure if this is allowed if not i'll happily delete the post!)

For university my team mates and I have been given a marketing brief to encourage cyclists to incorporate trains into their everyday commuting whether that be for business, leisure or anything in between. if you could spare a minuet of your time for us to collect some Market research (all confidential and anonymous) that would be great!

https://docs.google.com/forms/d/e/1...-nybfwm4l8KaTsqnhqvTwMCA/viewform?usp=sf_link

Thank you in advance.
Hi,
I'm afraid you need to change permissions on the form if you need any submissions from outside your org.:
"You need permission
This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization
."

classic33

Leg End Member
@shayellis01
Hi,
I'm afraid you need to change permissions on the form if you need any submissions from outside your org.:
"You need permission
This form can only be viewed by users in the owner's organization
."
Required to sign in, and unwilling to do so. Echo what's been said in the post I've quoted.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
^^^WHS^^^
Rather than relying upon the results of your survey, once we are out of lockdown, I suggest you and your team mates get on your bikes and try first hand taking your bikes on a train. Go for a range of options, i.e. time of travel, booking period, no booking period and the different rail companies.

DaveReading

Don't suffer fools gladly (must try harder!)
Another fire-and-forget post ?

IaninSheffield

Veteran
^^^WHS^^^
Rather than relying upon the results of your survey, once we are out of lockdown, I suggest you and your team mates get on your bikes and try first hand taking your bikes on a train. Go for a range of options, i.e. time of travel, booking period, no booking period and the different rail companies.
This is excellent advice and would set the OP's group apart from the other three groups who have posted on this topic already, and are doubtless in the same competition.
Sadly, I fear @DaveReading might be right though.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I echo Bazzer and Ming... Getting a bike on a local train in the middle of the day can be easy, but anything else can be a royal pain.
I can book a ticket with the intention of getting my bike to somewhere, but I can't necessarily reserve a bike space at the same time - I might have to call a customer service number, and I could find the bike spaces are gone. Where I can reserve it at the same time, the TOC might not have the bike reservations "live" and it defaults to having "no spaces available currently, check back with us later". So I could find myself having paid for a ticket with the express (sorry) intention of it being a cycling trip, but then find I can't take my bike. I've now got a train ticket that I don't want.

Where I have managed to reserve a space, I can get on and find that they're all already occupied. The guard usually shrugs, it becomes my problem and not the TOC's and I'm the idiot blocking the aisle (or getting kicked off), even though I went through the ball ache of actually booking.

So marketing the train to cyclists is rather putting the cart before the horse... there needs to be a working system in place first, and only then can you sell it. You can't market the dog's dinner that we currently have.

(Just for balance, it's not all bad, I do use my local trains quite a lot to go maybe 40 miles up the road, if I avoid rush hour it seems to work out okay most times, but you get the picture of how variable and unreliable it all is).

Last edited:

Drago

Legendary Member
Ive come up with a slogan for your ad campaign:

"Ride a bicycle - because riding bikes is f****** bloody brilliant fun!"

Forget any attempt at logic or common sense, because fundamentally no one cares. But tell them its a bit of a grin and theyll all be on board.

Last edited:
Top Bottom