Adverts on the Outlook android app.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

stephec

Legendary Member
Anyone else getting these?

A few days ago I started to get emails that are adverts that seem to originate from Bing, looking through the settings I can't find anything that might be relevant to them but the strange thing is that I've got two addresses linked to the app but they're only appearing on one of them.

FishFright

More wheels than sense
It's MS's latest 'good idea'

Unfortunately yes. Desktop version can still block them with an Adblocker

I'm in the market for a decent 3rd party email client now. I might try Gmail first as I have that installed. Anyone recommend one they like?

OP
OP
stephec

stephec

Legendary Member
If the service is free you are the product.

Unfortunately true, although it's not unreasonable I suppose.

Just surprised me a bit as I've had an outlook account for at least fifteen years and never had anything like it before.

I've recently got Thunderbird installed. Seems OK but I'm thick enough to not know how to drag my address book over.
I know Thunderbird, I might have used it on Windows years ago. Their Android version is new out this year and actually based on another client called K-9 Mail.

I'm going to try it, will share if I can get my address book in there!
Unfortunately true, although it's not unreasonable I suppose.

Just surprised me a bit as I've had an outlook account for at least fifteen years and never had anything like it before.

They actually call it a MS Account now, my Xbox is connected to it as well as Email. I still have a Hotmail address that functions for the same email account though I don't use it anymore as I made it years ago and it has a silly name:laugh:

Top Bottom