Advice - Filtering on the left

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

biking_fox

Guru
By the way, does anybody know why there were all the fire engines / police / ambulances just entering Rushmore at about 5pm today? Stuff like that just makes me more paranoid.

Manchester fire service are great at reporting what they've been up to http://www.manchesterfire.gov.uk/our-emergency-response/latest-incidents.aspx

Although I can't see anything relating to Rusholme.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Crankarm said:
For sure - if the bus opens it's doors to let people off or on you don't want to hit one of them! Also peds dodging through the traffic around the front of buses plus the unexpected passenger car door opening :ohmy:. A potential obstacle course.

Exactly. Hence keep the speed low, and your spidey sense tuned in!

thomas

the tank engine
Crankarm said:
For sure - if the bus opens it's doors to let people off or on you don't want to hit one of them! Also peds dodging through the traffic around the front of buses plus the unexpected passenger car door opening :ohmy:. A potential obstacle course.

Which ever side you filter on, you've got to be aware in traffic at junctions for cars pulling out when people let them go. Not a major issue, but does pay to make sure there aren't any cars on the side roads before filtering past them.

Arch said:
but a truck with exposed hooks.

I've got the scar to prove this is a hazard. I was overtaking a truck (on the right) misjudged speed/distance/room and the hook caught me on the back of my upper arm and ripped right through the skin/flesh as the HGV pulled away. I was glad I wasn't wearing a long sleeve top as I reckon it would have snagged and dragged me along rather than just ripping like my skin.

Arch

Married to Night Train
just4fun said:
I'll check that out so cheers for the link but i cant help but notice the weight of the book is listed, trust a book for cyclists to mention such a thing!

For touring, you have to drill holes in it...:tongue:

Crankarm

Guru
Eat MY Dust said:
I've got the scar to prove this is a hazard. I was overtaking a truck (on the right) misjudged speed/distance/room and the hook caught me on the back of my upper arm and ripped right through the skin/flesh as the HGV pulled away. I was glad I wasn't wearing a long sleeve top as I reckon it would have snagged and dragged me along rather than just ripping like my skin.

:biggrin::ohmy::ohmy::eek::bicycle:

Top Bottom