Advice for a new type of bike light

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I'd like one with the lumens of LED but the light colour of halogen. Bluish LED light gets swallowed up by wet roads.

I'd also like an STVZO shaped beam with horizontal cutoff, but a bit longer and narrower.

Drago

Legendary Member
A thermonuclear brought flasher that flashes out the outline of a bike instead of concealing the outline of a bike?.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
I miss my old Schmidt E6. Ok, it needed a new bulb occasionally and the beam was so pencil-thin that tight bends were terrifying, but it didn't half throw light a long way down the road. Unfortunately LEDs are far from a point source of light (a halogen filament is very small in comparison) and can't be focused in the same way.

Drago

Legendary Member
How about lights built into a bike, or lights that clip onto universal fittings that are integrated into all new bikes? The battery lack could be hidden inside the frame or under the seat, and could power the lights through the fittings. Genius, eh?

First already been done, second - that's why i mostly use cateye.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
Universal light fittings already exist on all good bikes: front fork crown and rear rack. Nuff said.

I'd quite like ones that are easier for the recyclers when they die but it's hard to think how else they could be ethical.

Above all, dynamo compatible and road-legal beam shape.

classic33

Leg End Member
How about lights built into a bike, or lights that clip onto universal fittings that are integrated into all new bikes? The battery lack could be hidden inside the frame or under the seat, and could power the lights through the fittings. Genius, eh?
Vanmoof!

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
What I want is a front & rear -wireless- dynamo light.

I wasn't being very serious with this but it'd be good not to have to route cable for a rear light
on a bike that doesn't have an internal conduit for the wire.

Also I just thought of Reelights so this sort of exists, but I'd want something good-enough for winter commuting.

Top Bottom