Advice for spd pedals

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

hobbitonabike

Formerly EbonyWillow
So for a milestone birthday this year I will be bringing home a Whyte 604 and having only been on the road bike till now I am after recommendations for some decent spd pedals. I use spd-sl on the road bike so am used to riding clipless. So hit me with your pedals people!! (Not literally obviously!)

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
They all do a vaguely similar job. Shimano M520 are usually the cheapest double sided, M530 have a larger pedal body etc

Spiderweb

Not So Special One
Shimano M520 for me too, as cheap as any and work perfectly. You'll probably need another pair of shoes to accept the new cleats.
NOTE: I purchased my M520's from Wiggle @ £16.99 and they came with cleats, I was pleasantly surprised as it was unclear if cleats were included.

BSRU

A Human Being
I use m530 on my MTB but am swapping to single sided xt pedals so I can use it in trainers with my daughter on her MTB
I thought all you need to do to convert double sided Shimano SPD pedals to single sided is use the plastic insert. All my SPD pedals came with the inserts(not fitted) to make them UK road legal.

I have 520's, XT and XTR's, they all do the job the main difference is price:okay:.

Top Bottom