Advice needed - Bike seized

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

classic33

Leg End Member
Careful getting your phone out under these circumstances. Can you prove it's yours?

:smile:
Last two digits of the IMEI number known. Although I've never had anyone yet claim one of these is theirs.
dOINok-d.jpg

OP
OP
S

simpso

Are those your shoes sir....
Walks home barefoot

No... You suddenly made me think how I'd prove it was my phone.... I was in panic mode:biggrin:

Anyway, this isn't one to worry about. The phone company knows and records the IMEI number of your phone, so they will know how long you have been using it with your current service.

Last two digits of the IMEI number known.

That's no more secure than your bike serial number .... *#06# (enter that on the keypad of any phone, and it will display your phone's unique number. )
So far, I'm sure. But if you have stored pictures of your bike on that phone, I want it!

@simpso glad to see you are still smiling. I'm seething on your behalf.

classic33

Leg End Member

Anyway, this isn't one to worry about. The phone company knows and records the IMEI number of your phone, so they will know how long you have been using it with your current service.
Easy to block it being sent.
That's no more secure than your bike serial number .... *#06# (enter that on the keypad of any phone, and it will display your phone's unique number. )
Full IMEI code given on the inside, under the battery. Three handed removal job.
So far, I'm sure. But if you have stored pictures of your bike on that phone, I want it!
Police have said something similar
You can buy a new one. Note the price though.
R250.PNG
@simpso glad to see you are still smiling. I'm seething on your behalf.[/QUOTE]

Milkfloat

An Peanut
With all the run around the police are giving the OP, can he at least gets his costs back? I am not one for compensation culture, but all these unnecessary delays are taking the p1ss

Dogtrousers

Kilometre nibbler
They'll know how long you have been using it, but not necessarily whether you own it - unless they actually supplied it. The IMEI is specific to the handset, and you could buy or swap a phone to use with your SIM.

Now, the IMSI and the Sim Serial Number, which are specific to the SIM - the operator can vouch for those having been issued to you - if it's a contract or registered phone. But if its an unregistered pay-as-you-go phone, then who's to say you haven't nicked it, SIM and all?

Sorry to be making light of what must be a very annoying and stressful situation. Maybe have a word with your local paper, they may find the ludicrousness of it worth a story.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Finally getting somewhere, meeting a sarge tomorrow in my local station to present proof of ownership.
Even got an apology for the mistake.

Well done.

The police, as you have discovered, is a strange, closed organisation which can be difficult to deal with, even when it's trying not to be.

OP
OP
S

simpso

Well done.

The police, as you have discovered, is a strange, closed organisation which can be difficult to deal with, even when it's trying not to be.
Yeah it's true.
Just confused how it's gone from, only this one officer can deal with it to suddenly oh I can help you from another.
Ah at least someone is helping though.

OP
OP
S

simpso

Hmmm just had a call from the officer I've been trying to get through to who I emailed my proof to the other day.
She says she is in no doubt the bike is mine based on the evidence but..... She has to give me accusers time to respond and that deadline is next weds !!!!!

Amazing is all I can think, still going to talk to the sarge tomorrow. Surely it would make more sense to give me by bike back based on my evidence with them knowing my address and then come and get me if they find out I'm a master theif later on?

phil_hg_uk

I am not a member, I am a free man !!!!!!
Hmmm just had a call from the officer I've been trying to get through to who I emailed my proof to the other day.
She says she is in no doubt the bike is mine based on the evidence but..... She has to give me accusers time to respond and that deadline is next weds !!!!!

Amazing is all I can think, still going to talk to the sarge tomorrow. Surely it would make more sense to give me by bike back based on my evidence with them knowing my address and then come and get me if they find out I'm a master theif later on?

:headshake:

Top Bottom