Advice needed not quite sure where to put it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I am having some issues with an online retailer who is also a LBS.

To cut a long story short they have had to re-issue my order 3 times and the goods never seem to turn up.

I was sent a consignment number for the latest order (no. 3) and told that this would update by 6pm with the courier I have checked and the courier does not recognise it. This happenned the time and the time before that so Im getting Deja Vu.

They never answer my emails or call me back and I'm getting a little peeved. I have asked for a refund.

What else can I do?

Ganymede

Veteran
Hi and welcome to the forum. Did you pay by credit card?

What's the name of the retailer - if you say which one, people might have a better idea of what to advise.

Pat "5mph"

A kilogrammicaly challenged woman
Hi and welcome to CC!
Did you say this is an online retailer with a shop local to you (Lbs)?
Go to the shop in your day off and make a fuss.
Alternatively, ask to speak to the shop's manager on the phone, or email their managing director.
Hope you sort it.

young Ed

Veteran
indeed if it is as @Pat "5mph" said that it is a big online one with a local store go in and throw the biggest paddy you can and throw all the toys out the pram and demand to speak to the manager either there and then or if he is not in then ask when he will be in and return, i would say either have them deliver it to your nearest store for collection in person or get a refund and buy elsewhere
they don't have to have you money you can take your business elsewhere
Cheers Ed

OP
OP

Thanks for all your feedback it was an order on a debit card

Unfortunately the store is not local to me otherwise I would have been in there already although I have already lost my temper on the phone which is not really helpful.

It seems that 3rd time is lucky as my consignment no. actually works now and it appears that the order will be delivered

I am disgusted at the treatment I received as I have always had to contact them and not once have these guys contacted me so I really feel like naming and shaming but not sure if I'm allowed?

It is not one of the big boys either. This is what I would call a typical LBS but with an on-line presence

young Ed

Veteran
indeed, name and shame all you can!

fort buying a new bike i would try to go LBS if possible if they have right bike or could order it in
Cheers Ed

OP
OP

I had to check my order overnight as I did not want to prejudice my position.

This is the review I have just put on Trust Pilot (so some of it may not make sense in the context of this thread)

I had a very similar experience to the reviewer posting in February 2012 and note that DCD said that they altered their processes in response to this.
I purchased some goods from Broad Ribb Cycles who have shops located in in Banbury, Bicester, Leamington Spa. Their online shop is Discount Cycles Direct.

I placed an order for some fairly mundane cycling items costing below £50

This is a direct copy of the wording contained on the company website that sets their terms and conditions:

“Discount Cycles Direct will despatch your order within 24 hours if we have the products you have selected in stock, we normally do.
All purchases are despatched by post or courier and will normally be delivered to you within 48 hours of despatch. When your order is despatched we will advise by email.”

Here is my timeline of events:
Tues 25.11.14 Purchased Goods. I just had a sense that something was wrong with my order so I called DCD on Weds 26.11.14 and was advised on the phone that the goods had been dispatched and will be delivered tomorrow this was confirmed by an email. I told DCD that this was good as I need goods for the weekend so was happy with this.
Thurs 27.11.14 Wife waited for Order to turn up but no order arrived. Sent an email at 7.15 pm querying why my order had not arrived
Fri 28.11.14 No Answer to my email so I called DCD at 12.15pm was told order should have gone out they will check and call back. I did not receive a call back so I called again around 4pm and was told that actually my Order hasn’t gone out but they did not know why. They will reorder goods and these will be delivered on Monday. I advised that I was not happy with a Monday delivery as previously advised I needed goods for this weekend and asked what DCD would do in form of recompense. They advised that I could arrange for a Saturday delivery as recompense for the delay. I would receive an email with an updated order. I called back at 5.10pm as no email received. Email received at 5.27 pm stating that goods had been dispatched and was provided with a consignment number. The Consignment Number provided was not recognised by the courier. I called back immediately but DCD had closed their lines for the weekend.
Sat 29.11.14 A combination of my wife / myself stayed in to wait for the order but it never came. I Left a voice mail message (which wasn’t too polite and for that I apologise) asking for a refund, sent an e mail to DCD, left a message on their facebook page and posted a Twitter message.
Sun 30.11.2014 No Order
Mon 1.12.2014 No response received to any of my communications over the weekend. My Wife called DCD just before Lunchtime to find out what was going on (as she was waiting for the Order again and I was at work). To be fair to she did speak to a different person who advised that my second order also went wrong but he did not know why. He did the order again with next day delivery and this time the goods turned up, however there was no offer of recompense for the further delay.
This was my first Order with DCD and had I not been on to them the entire time I think I would still be waiting for my goods. If this is how they impress a brand new customer then I can only conclude that they do not want my future custom and I will happily not be giving it to them. In addition I have actually still not had any response to any of my written communications perhaps this may remind them

Andrew_P

In between here and there
I have looked on there before and it struck me as it was not live stocked website. At a guess they had to order it in to supply it and didn't want to tell you in case you cancelled and they were lumbered with it.

vickster

Legendary Member
Has your order arrived now then?
It seems a long time to wait IMO.
A week or so since initial order place? Free delivery? I think we are spoilt nowadays, mail order used to take 28 days and you had to pay for P&P! (I do realise that business models today build the P&P costs into the overall cost, and then show this as 'free'!

All online retailers cock up from time to time...look at Tredz, I can't remember the last time they actually managed to ahve everything in stock to fulfill an order!

PaulSB

Legendary Member
Very much agree with above. Seems to me the OP just wants to let the cycling world know how he's been badly treated.

These things happen. Was advice from here really needed?

Top Bottom