Advice needed not quite sure where to put it

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Saluki

World class procrastinator
A week or so since initial order place? Free delivery? I think we are spoilt nowadays, mail order used to take 28 days and you had to pay for P&P! (I do realise that business models today build the P&P costs into the overall cost, and then show this as 'free'!

All online retailers cock up from time to time...look at Tredz, I can't remember the last time they actually managed to ahve everything in stock to fulfill an order!
As you were. I read the date of 25.11.14 and translated it in my head as late October. It had been a long day. Even though it was only lunchtime.

OP
OP

A week or so since initial order place? Free delivery? I think we are spoilt nowadays, mail order used to take 28 days and you had to pay for P&P! (I do realise that business models today build the P&P costs into the overall cost, and then show this as 'free'!

All online retailers cock up from time to time...look at Tredz, I can't remember the last time they actually managed to ahve everything in stock to fulfill an order!

That wasn't my gripe though had they said at the start that the goods would take over a week/2 weeks or a month then I would have had the choice of placing my order with them or not. They didn't. Please refer to their terms and conditions quoted in my other posts as to what they (not me) did say about delivery times. My Gripe was that I was told by the company that my order was going to be delivered on a certain day and they didn't deliver on that day. This happenned twice (ignoring that they could have delivered on the Friday and Monday as well) They told me what day they would deliver on and then they didn't, which is very different to me being impatient on an order

I think Andrew_p has the reason why this happenned sussed.

OP
OP

Very much agree with above. Seems to me the OP just wants to let the cycling world know how he's been badly treated.

These things happen. Was advice from here really needed?

That post feels slightly troll like and I know I shouldn't but I will respond.

Reporting on negative experiences serves two purposes first yes it did allow me to get it off my chest and secondly and probably more importantly may and I do say may make the company look at what went wrong and alter their processes to ensure that they are not reported on again.

Saying these things happen and doing nothing will achieve precisely that.

PaulSB

Legendary Member
With respect I'm 60 years old, been a member here for 7+ years and made perhaps 7-800 posts. I'm hardly going to be interested in trolling.

I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion but it struck me your prime motivation in signing up was to complain about the retailer. Quite why I would want to troll you, and I've only vague sense of the meaning, I can't imagine.

OP
OP

With respect I'm 60 years old, been a member here for 7+ years and made perhaps 7-800 posts. I'm hardly going to be interested in trolling.

I'm sorry if you don't like my opinion but it struck me your prime motivation in signing up was to complain about the retailer. Quite why I would want to troll you, and I've only vague sense of the meaning, I can't imagine.

I'm under 60 been a member here for a few weeks and made perhaps 10 posts.....so what .... and i'm sorry you don't like my opinion either but like you I am just as entitled to one.

My motivation for signing up was help choosing a bike as you will see if you search my thread history. I signed up to cycle chat at least two weeks before I even placed this particular order so whatever struck you as my prime motivation for signing up to cycle chat in the first place was incorrect despite your 60 years and gazillion posts experience

lets agree to differ

D

Deleted member 26715

Just as an aside & not taking a view either way but for information, what often happens now with in-house despatch is that once an order has been packed at the suppliers they create a label with the consignment number on it, but it is not until the consignment is scanned by the courier either on the suppliers premises or at their depot does their system know of it. So that when DCD gave you the consignment number & it failed when placed in the couriers website it doesn't necessarily mean there is something wrong, it could just mean it's been packaged up but not collected yet.

byegad

Legendary Member
indeed if it is as @Pat "5mph" said that it is a big online one with a local store go in and throw the biggest paddy you can and throw all the toys out the pram and demand to speak to the manager either there and then or if he is not in then ask when he will be in and return, i would say either have them deliver it to your nearest store for collection in person or get a refund and buy elsewhere
they don't have to have you money you can take your business elsewhere
Cheers Ed

Do this on Saturday morning when the shop is full and at full volume, refuse to be taken 'somewhere quieter' to talk about it. Discuss it out on the shop floor near the till. Works a treat!:whistle:

Fubar

Guru
That post feels slightly troll like and I know I shouldn't but I will respond.

Reporting on negative experiences serves two purposes first yes it did allow me to get it off my chest and secondly and probably more importantly may and I do say may make the company look at what went wrong and alter their processes to ensure that they are not reported on again.

Saying these things happen and doing nothing will achieve precisely that.

...and it lets the "cycling world" know to be wary when ordering from this particular retailer - sounds like a pretty p1ss-poor service to me.

OP
OP

I'm happy with that but have to mention you completely misinterpreted my post above - which simply illustrated I'm very much a background member - and therefore the point I made. Which very simply is I am not a troll.

Agreed Troll was the wrong word to use and I apologise for the use of it, however I was upset at being treated this way by a company and did find your first post in this thread a little inflammatory which is probably why I reacted as I did.

Top Bottom