Advice needed on the MTB trails at Comrie Croft

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Slioch

Guru
Hi, I'm after some advice from anyone familiar with these trails please?

I'm off to Comrie for a wedding this coming weekend and I'm taking my hardtail. I've never done any of the trails at Comrie, but experience-wise I'm comfortable with doing the red route at Dalby Forest.

One of the other guys has contacted me and he's going to hire a hardtail there, and has asked me to do a ride with him at Comrie. I wasn't aware he was a cyclist and don't know his experience level. I'll find out more when I talk to him in a few days time, but will start from the position of assuming he is a relative novice to MTB trail riding.

So the question is, are the red routes at Comrie forgiving enough for a "novice" taking things easy, or would we be better to stick to the blue routes?

TIA

Last edited:

I like Skol

A Minging Manc...
Just take him out and 'beast' him! It's for the best, and he will always respect you for it....

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
Just take him out and 'beast' him! It's for the best, and he will always respect you for it....

LOL
But the chances are I will have drunk my own bodyweight in alcohol the previous day, so I will be in no fit state to "beast" the Duke of Edinburgh, let alone a forty something fittish bloke who goes running :laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Depends how Red is Red and Black is Black - as trail centre's vary !

Just ask him - if he's not done MTB'ing then a steep drop might just make him parp his pants.

OP
OP
Slioch

Slioch

Guru
I've just Googled "how to encourage newcomers to this noble and beautiful sport of ours", and apparently "beasting them" and "making them parp their pants" are quite high up on the list of things recommended not to do.

That's one of the things I really like about this forum - the irreverence and refusal to take things too seriously.

:okay::laugh:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
You can't take things too seriously. I always laugh when I fall off the MTB as it's usually something silly that dumps you in the mud.

Top Bottom