advice on bikes for a reformed cyclist

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tony41

Hi all looking for some advice on cycles and parts in general. As a reformed cyclist with a break of ten years find myself in a position where i can now start enjoying the hobby again,unfortunatly like most people in this day and age trying to do this on a shoestring budget.being lucky enough to live within cycling distance of clent hills and kinver edge i decided to get myself another bike, went out and picked up a Saracen ikon full suspension bike ,on getting it home i find that both front and back wheels need replacing so would like to find out 3 things , where the best place id to get new parts, if it would be possible to upgrade front brake to disk and am i at 14 stone to heavy for the suspension so would it need upgrading, the bike is factory standard is it worth doing these improvements?sorry about all the questions but will be very appreciated. thanks tony

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
You need to have a close look at your frame and forks to see if they are fitted with disk brake mounts. You will also have to buy disc brake specific wheels along with a set of disc brakes. Once you factor in a suspension upgrade and tot up the costs I think that you'll find that you'll have to spend a lot of money.

See if you can get the wheels trued up and save up for a better quality bike while you enjoy the return to cycling on the Saracen.

Top Bottom