Advice on CO2 Gear

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Davidc

Guru
Get mine from the same place as Ffoeg (post #12). I still carry a mini pump which attaches under a bottle cage. Being able to control flow and put a bit in first depends on buying the right bit for the cartridges to screw into. They sell big packs of cartridges.

BEWARE - AS ABOVE: You need to wear a glove &/or use a piece of cloth to keep your hands off the cartridge, in addition to the sleeve provided with the top bit. Otherwise your hand will freeze to the cartridge.

OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Thanks for the tips, links and advice guys, all great stuff.

Decided to actually buy this pump that Smokeysmoo suggested - http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product...gn=CO2 Pumps&gclid=CPOnq-Sd5bYCFTMRtAodwDYAFw

Seem by the comments to negate the touching fo the cartridge issue people are posting about. Also takes threaded and non threaded cartridges so.

Thanks again guys!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
Thanks for the tips, links and advice guys, all great stuff.

Decided to actually buy this pump that Smokeysmoo suggested - http://www.tweekscycles.com/Product.do?method=view&n=3317&p=276922&c=215&utm_source=Google&utm_medium=Base&utm_campaign=CO2 Pumps&gclid=CPOnq-Sd5bYCFTMRtAodwDYAFw

Seem by the comments to negate the touching fo the cartridge issue people are posting about. Also takes threaded and non threaded cartridges so.

Thanks again guys!

You made a good choice.
You can reverse the co2 canister in the holder to store it before using too.

grumpyoldgit

Über Member
I have both the lifeline and lezyne ones. I've used the lifeline one about 5 times now and I'm an absolute convert.
Usually carry 2 16oz canisters with me.

The lifeline one is 8 quid is from wiggle and I just ordered 30 canisters from a non cycling specific website for I think 20 quid.
What are you inflating,lorry tyres?;)

Phil485

Nope, but I can often go out with the whole family which is 5 bikes.
Didn't think it would harm to buy in bulk. Still only 16oz canisters but they do my mtb and road bike tyres.

OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes
Having a look at this Genuine Innovations Proflate Elite CO2 that I got today, just wanted to confirm something as the instructions havent clarified it enough for me. rather than putting the cartridge in the holder bit and screwing in, I have to screw the threaded cartridge into the head, then once the seal is broken I then screw in the holder bit?

Have I got this right? Don't want frozen hands!

I only use non threaded anyway, as they're cheaper, but in theory, yes, just screw the cylinder into the head (first make sure the catch is off). According to the pdf instructions on their web site here, it's not supposed to be compatible with screwed ones, which seems incorrect.

Peteaud

Veteran
I only use non threaded anyway, as they're cheaper, but in theory, yes, just screw the cylinder into the head (first make sure the catch is off). According to the pdf instructions on their web site here, it's not supposed to be compatible with screwed ones, which seems incorrect.

Those instructions are wrong.

It will work with both threaded and non threaded 16 gms cartidges.

imho it does work best with non threaded tho.

The non threaded just pop into the base, the threaded have to be scewed in 1st and then the base is a cover.

The non threaded just pop into the base, the threaded have to be scewed in 1st and then the base is a cover.

Ta - I thought that was the case, as I was certain the instructions that came with mine mentioned using threaded ones.

Peteaud

Veteran
Ta - I thought that was the case, as I was certain the instructions that came with mine mentioned using threaded ones.

I think the original one only took unthreaded, the instructions are for the original. If you go to the GI web site and watch the video it does say you can use both.

I have one of the newer ones and it does take both (i had a few threaded left) but it does work better with unthreaded as they fit better.

OP
OP
Nomadski

Nomadski

I Like Bikes

Cheers!

Top Bottom