Advice on selling a bike

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tank63

i have a mint Scott scale 960 medium size from Evans, that I’ve never used. It still hasn’t been set up it’s still in its bubble wrap. Don’t know why I bought the thing as I only seem to use my hybrid.
I’m asking for advice as I paid £700 for it. I was hoping to get £480 for it. Is this too much or not, I’ve not got a clue having never sold a bike before.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
https://www.bicyclebluebook.com/SearchListingDetail.aspx?id=3074648&make=737&model=75728 and converting makes me think £480 is going to be the most you can. Ebay sold listings suggest it might be slightly less, although one "immaculate" one appears to have sold for £600 if I'm reading it right.

SkipdiverJohn

Deplorable Brexiteer
Not the sort of thing your typical punter would buy as an alternative to a £150 BSO mountain bike! Very much a niche market I would think, and an enthusiast purchase. I reckon you've got a better chance of selling it now (early xmas present to someone with the spare cash) than if you dither about it and then try and sell it in the New Year when people are often skint after Christmas and the credit card bills are landing on doormats....

Top Bottom