Advice on Twin head Track pump

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Some time ago I bought a twin head fitting for my track pump Which works fine on the schrader valve. But on the presta valve the head it tips over so as fast as I pump air in it come back out Which I find somewhat demoralising! Though some inner tubes it doesn't seem to lose as much pressure when I inflate the tube I would like some advice on which other twin head fitting might help me get over this problem Thanks all

rrarider

Veteran
I have a new SKS Rennkompressor which I bought to replace an earlier model which I carelessly damaged and rendered irreparable. The early version had a push-on head suitable for just Presta valves, the replacement has an EVA head suitable for Presta and Schrader valves and is fitted with a lever operated clamp. I use it most for my Presta-fitted bike and find it absolutely fine. I always smear the rubber washer with a small amount of soapy water, to ease the wear on the washer.

Milkfloat

An Peanut
Some time ago I bought a twin head fitting for my track pump Which works fine on the schrader valve. But on the presta valve the head it tips over so as fast as I pump air in it come back out Which I find somewhat demoralising! Though some inner tubes it doesn't seem to lose as much pressure when I inflate the tube I would like some advice on which other twin head fitting might help me get over this problem Thanks all
What do you mean by 'tips over'? Some twin heads require positive pressure to switch between schrader and presta. Sop in other words some air coming out of the valve. Could this be the case here?

raleighnut

Legendary Member
Mine does that I have to get the pipe and the valve at just the right angle then it's OK.

Well the Head of the nozzle is with two holes for the valves are in line i.e one behind the other so when clamped on the nozzle tips backward and so lets air out of the valve, but this is only on the presta valve as the Schrader fitting it sits far more snugly and firmly on the valve as no movement once nozzle lever is activated Just looked as the head nozzle and its a Beto one anybody had the same problems

Attachments

• DSC_0019[829].jpg
    DSC_0019[829].jpg
    74.7 KB · Views: 5
Well in reply to your post Raleighnut Your method works on some tubes fitted with Presta valves but with the tube I've got in the tyre at the moment whichever way I position the nozzle and hose it seems to leak I have wondered if I could make something up to stop the play between the valve and nozzle

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
Can you show us the valve head Antnee? I'm having trouble understanding the set up. On my track pump I take out the valve core and put it back in the other way around when changing between Presta and Schrader.

Hear it this as I said its an inline type so I can only think thats why it tipps back and so allowing air to escape though strangely enough its worse on some presta valved tubes than others. Thanks all for your replies.

Attachments

• Beto Nozzle head .JPG
    Beto Nozzle head .JPG
    91.6 KB · Views: 4
Top Bottom