Advice on weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Pjays666

Über Member
Hi all, need to lose some weight just seen some photos of my recent ride. I am cycling 3 times a week on average and to date this year done over 700 miles. Managed to drop from 15 stone 11 lb to 14 st 12lb then hit a wall. Just done 127 mile in three days and still managed to rise to 15 st 1 b. any advice please need to lose my big gut don't seem to have much excess anywhere else. Stopped smoking in sep now need to lose 2 stone.

vickster

Legendary Member
What are you eating? Maybe keep a food diary and keep a track of your calories (and how you are getting them)?

Well done on giving up the evil weed, better to be a little overweight than smoke! :thumbsup:

s7ephanie

middle of nowhere in France
try a days free trail at weightlossresources.co.uk it will let you know how many calories you should be eating, you may not be eating enough !!! i have lost 2 stone so far with this site, since i gave up smoking as well xxx

Fubar

Guru
I've been using myfitnesspal.com (free app for iPad and phone), you set a target and it gives you a daily calorie allowance, record your food as you go - becomes a wee challenge to stay under your allowance! Exercise adds to your allowance. I've started going to the gym at lunch as well as cycling and lost 22 pounds, changing jobs helped me but its also about changing (bad) habits. Good luck! Regards, Mark

flissh

if you use map my ride you can log your food and keep a record of calorie intake during the day

OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
I have my fitness pal on my iPhone I have used it before but found it took longer to input foods than it did to eat them lol. I have put my daily allowance to 2000 and will see how that goes, with more rides and hill work hopefully will help. Should I be looking at certain food types to aid weight loss, my problem is my sweet tooth and am always starving after a ride for some reason.

Nick Stone

Get rid of the sweet stuff, it's the only way to go, if you've not got, you can't eat....think it's working for me. Slowly getting there, bit of exercise at home a few sit ups and so.....my bodies a temple and I'm soon gong to remove the scaffolding.

Set a target. I shifted some weight and my new bike arrives tomorrow, whoop whoop whoop.... Next weight drop some smart new clothes..

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Start the day off with 350-500 calories worth of porridge and fruit (I like banana and/or strawberries and/or raisins with mine). That will keep you going for a good while and it's a very healthy meal. I make my porridge with equal volumes of oats, skimmed milk and water, a small pinch of salt and a teaspoon of honey. Buy the basic oats rather than OatSoSimple (or whatever) which costs a lot more and probably has stuff added which you don't want/need.

Sometimes, dehydration can feel like hunger so make sure you drink plenty of water on your rides.

OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
Thanks for all the input, I will use my fitness pal and see how I get on. Will allowing 2000 cals a day make that much difference? I go on holiday in jul and want to Lose some of my gut by then but don't want to lose it too quick and pile it all on again

vickster

Legendary Member
How many calories are you having at the moment and how many are you burning cycling - I use 30-40 cal a mile as a very rough rule of thumb?

Cut out beer, crisps, takeaways, sweets first if you've not done so and increase your fruit (although be cautious with bananas as they are quite calorific) and veg intake

Herbie

Veteran
Hi all, need to lose some weight just seen some photos of my recent ride. I am cycling 3 times a week on average and to date this year done over 700 miles. Managed to drop from 15 stone 11 lb to 14 st 12lb then hit a wall. Just done 127 mile in three days and still managed to rise to 15 st 1 b. any advice please need to lose my big gut don't seem to have much excess anywhere else. Stopped smoking in sep now need to lose 2 stone.
I know its frustrating...but when I need to lose a bit of flab I wear my Reebok weighted vest when i'm out on rides...it weighs 20 pounds and fits really snug and it works for me. Google it I got mine as a present so don't know how much it cost but I really like it....good luck

Top Bottom