Advice on weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
I have started taking my gelert edge rucksack with me with 2 litres of water in the hydro bladder to increase weight a bit. The only fruit I can eat really is bananas or melon. Have cut out sweet stuff but what about raisins. I don't eat crisps and only have a drink when I go out (once a month) and then only have 4 or 5 pints of lager or shandy. Think I just need to try and get in the saddle more time quite tight with work at moment. Sorry if these sound like excuses not meant to sound like that just frustrating - I will get there in the end, i have been using isotonic drinks on rides but going to just use water and see how that goes

SWSteve

Guru
reduce: cals + salt
increase: water

Part time cyclist

Über Member
I joined weight watchers and cycled everywhere and lost 3 1/2 stone. It took about 10 months to loose it tho. Stick with healthy eating and excercise.

Rob3rt

Man or Moose!
Also bear in mind as you lose body fat and increase muscle tissue, there will by a slight increase in body weight, even though you may look slimmer.

Muscle growth happens at a much slower rate than fat is lost, such that it is unlikely anyone will see a weight increase where this is a genuine explination, even taking into consideration the respective weight of the two tissues types, the net effect, even if you gain muscle, will generally still be a net loss!

Muscle growth happens at a much slower rate than fat is lost, such that it is unlikely anyone will see a weight increase where this is a genuine explination, even taking into consideration the respective weight of the two tissues types, the net effect, even if you gain muscle, will generally still be a net loss!
Thanks for the correction, again Rob;)

Phoenix Lincs

Über Member
How about adding in some 'core exercises'? It won't affect your weight, but will help control your abs, making it feel tighter and pulling it in, therefore making a difference to how you feel about your body. It's not an instant fix, but after a few weeks, you should notice a difference.

That, alongside cycling and healthy eating, should bring results which encourage you to carry on. Oh, and don't keep eating the same old boring stuff, try and put some variety into your diet, it's surprising what you can eat on a weight reducing programme, it could be worth investing in a specific recipe book (or hit google) for some ideas.

And, finally, think about how far you've come already, it's natural to plateau for a while whilst your body adjusts, but keep up the good work. You're in a fab group of folks here to help you :smile:

Cycleops

Legendary Member
Most people can loose a significant ammount if they just cut out fat, sugar and beer. Sorry about the latter, maybe just cut down. Bit of exercise would also be good as Phoenix suggests, perhaps spme sit ups to tone up your tummy muscles. You have done well so far, keep it up.

T.M.H.N.E.T

Rainbows aren't just for world champions
Most people can loose a significant ammount if they just cut out fat, sugar and beer. Sorry about the latter, maybe just cut down. Bit of exercise would also be good as Phoenix suggests, perhaps spme sit ups to tone up your tummy muscles. You have done well so far, keep it up.
Losing bodyfat would be a better idea over targetting one area ;)

John-Ellis

I am impressed with the fitnesspal site and app, it is properly quick and simple to use and keep up to date, weight watchers and slimming world do a simaler thing but they charge a fortune where this is free, I am so impressed I have just signed up for it, it will be good to see if it works, if it does my wife says she will join in.

Well done on quitting the cigs Pjays666, its not an easy task for some people. Good luck with the weight loss.

OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
I have my weight diary on my phone and it says weigh yourself at same time daily if possible and it takes into account of natural fluctuations but weight is dropping again now so feeling more positive.

Heretic

Top Bottom