Advice on weight loss

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
OP
OP
Pjays666

Pjays666

Über Member
It's working for me!

(Mind you, I hope to make a return to moderate beer drinking when health, wealth and fitness permit.)
How is it going Colin any news on when you will be able to get back on the saddle. Hope it's not too long now pal it must be so frustrating.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
How is it going Colin any news on when you will be able to get back on the saddle. Hope it's not too long now pal it must be so frustrating.
Actually, I have been doing a bit of riding for a month or so now and thought I was making rapid progress, but I overdid it in the sunshine on Sunday and collapsed at the side of the road! I'm taking that as a warning that I need to slow down a bit and not rush things ...

I am waiting for some blood test results which will hopefully tell me that I am okay to carry on doing what I've been doing, but obviously I shouldn't be keeling over after 40 minutes of exercise so one way or another, I need to be more careful.

Yes - I am frustrated. All the way through my recovery it has been '2 steps forward, 1 step back'. I start to think that I am okay, and then something happens to knock me back but generally things are improving, thanks.

Louch

105% knowledge on 105
I am around 15 stone. Started changing lifestyle 2 years back, have run 5 half marathons, joined gym, changed diet massively and now cycle as well. Weights the same, but life feels better, don't get breathless, sleep better, skin conditions great. To many my weight staying near the same would be failure, but instead im now looking at the positives listed above. Some bodies have limits that would probably harm you more to push through. Don't get hung up on scales.

Leodis

Veteran
I started last year with cycling to work, I really wasn’t commuting as much as I could of but got down to 188 lbs from 205lbs. With the weather and been made redundant before xmas I didn’t get on the bike for 3 months and went back to 196lbs. New start and challenge, the come back!! Started again in March and cycle every day I can, its 16 mile round trip and I love it. I stopped using My Fitness Pal, I got fed up of the constant calorie counting and guilt. So after 3 months of cycling and watching what I eat I am now down to 183.5 lbs. Target is 168lbs (11.5 stone) so getting to half way and enjoying it more than calorie counting.

dizzi141

Regular
I've got loads of friends who had great results on MFP, but even tracking religiously and sticking to 1200-1400 cals I didn't shift anything :angry:
The app is awesome, with the scanner thing. I wish WW would incorporate that into their app as it's way more handy than searching round.

Top Bottom