advice on which mtb please

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Cyclist33

IMHO the best bike for your buck at Halfords at the mo would be the GT Zum 2 which is at £329.99. Doesn't have suspension but I doubt you'd really need it and its frame will take mtb tires I'm sure. Hydraulic discs, 26" hybrid tires, Alivio/Acera drivetrain...

OP
OP
alci4

alci4

went to merryhill store and they had the 09 fury nice bike but the frame looks quite chunky guy said the voodoo bantun was better bike but i wanna try and find 1 to have a look at first and hardly and stores seem to have one on display

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
got a voodoo near me to look at, just dunno when I will get there? Not sat on any of the bikes that take my fancy, however SWMBO was asking what bike I was gonna get which means thats the go ahead officially for N+1 ;) just wonder whats coming my way.

OP
OP
alci4

alci4

N+1 ? ? ? ?

they got a voodoo in kiddiminster store so prob gonna go down 2morrow

did u ask at ur local halfords about overpaying for the bike you want?

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
n+1 is just a saying on here, with regards buying another bike ie n= number of bikes owned + 1 more :wacko: no not been out since Friday, had tonsillitis so me and middle son been in our sick beds.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
just to add again to the thread that Halfords have just put the price up on the XC1 and 2 and 3.... So doubt that will change for the next month then expect a 20% off sale :wacko:

OP
OP
alci4

alci4

cheers for the info

went to have a look @ the voodoo yesterday and was veering towards the bantu but was still unsure

looks like halfords just made my mind up 4 me :biggrin:

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
well the Fury and Bantu unchanged price wise just now, although all carrera bikes and GTs have in the past had 20% off, depends how long you wanna wait.

OP
OP
alci4

alci4

carreras have got 20% off now all except the fury,

gotta admit the bantu looked a lot more impressive than the fury

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
ok voodoo looks nice but thats two halfords now whom have said you cannot add to the voucher unless you can ask for more on the scheme via our employer. So I`m thinking someone at the stores you have been to alci4 are not fully aware!!

OP
OP
alci4

alci4

will lyk when i get the voucher but if thats the case am gonna be royally pi$$ed cause i wouldnt have gone for the £500 if i couldnt add to it as the only bike i would have gone for under £500 was the gt xc2 at £399 so i will argue the toss if they feed me that line

Steve Austin

The Marmalade Kid
The Voodoo is the bike you want. Its designed by Joe Murray who designed pretty much all of the Kona bikes from the 1990's, and single handedly created the sloping top tube on all modern MTBs.

MrGrumpy

Huge Member
the voodoo looks the biz, just wish they would do a sale on it but I doubt it :biggrin: the GTs XC2 and 3 are back in the sale. I think its a case of trying to hold off unless one rogue store is going to let you add money! If so I need to find one as well :smile:

Top Bottom