adware removal

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tynan

Veteran
I don't believe that unix is virus proof, why is it?

for that matter I don't believe Macs have 7% of the market? What market anyway?

and who mentioned hacking?

so are Macs more expensive than PCs or not? And are they more aspirational than PCs or not? I find the obtuse answers unclear

not

Jaded

I was wrong about the market share

It is actually 8% in the US market.

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
Tynan said:
I don't believe that unix is virus proof, why is it?
it's not virus proof, but due to the way it handles user accounts etc it makes it much harder for viruses etc to spread over a network, or even on the same computer.

Tynan said:
so are Macs more expensive than PCs or not? And are they more aspirational than PCs or not?

pound for pound, they are. just as bmws are more expensive than fords. there will be some that buy macs for pointless showing off, just as there will be those, like myself, who rely on them for a living. there is a large pool of people in the middle, for whom a mac would be just as good as a pc but who are put off by price/myths that macs don't run any useful software.

getting back to the op, if you want to avoid spyware etc, get a mac. if you want to buy a cheap computer do so, but expect to have to deal with the issue of viruses and spyware at some point.

Jaded

just as there will be those, like myself, who rely on them for a living

Me too.

And amongst other things I sell software that only runs in Windows.

It is a delight to do a presentation in Keynote then switch to XP for the software demo. All on the same machine. Two machines in one. A bargain.

Top Bottom