Aerial question

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

PeteXXX

Cake or ice cream? The choice is endless ...
DSC_1877.JPG
DSC_1875.JPG

Will this aerial work with a digital TV Freeview, Now box or similar, or will it need an analogue/digital converter thingy?

Drago

Legendary Member
Yes.

No.

Unlike radios and TV, there is no analogue or digital with anetnnas.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

No

Yes

I didn't think that input to a new TV would work from an old aerial, especially for Freeview etc

Drago

Legendary Member
Provided the signal strength is sufficient in your area, the antenna will be fine.

Antennas are cut for a specific frequency or range of frequencies, and cares not about the modulation mode of the signal it is pulling in.

All this "digital ready" stuff you see advertised for aerials bid utter guff, designed to make people pull down perfectly decent aerials and put up new ones.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
Looks the same as one I have at the caravan which works fine with a Freeview box.

Only problem is the birds like to perch on it and poo all over the caravan roof (no problem) and deck, which is annoying.

OP
OP
PeteXXX

PeteXXX

Yes, they are useful as a bird latrine.. Our bins get covered in excrement from on high.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
No

Yes

I didn't think that input to a new TV would work from an old aerial, especially for Freeview etc

You may have misunderstood the question. He's asking about old ariel with digital TV, not using a digi box to convert a digital signal to an old analogue TV

Top Bottom