Affordable shorts for teens/ very small people

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MomJeans

Been looking for some cheap padded cycling shorts but I'm new to cycling & the amount of information out there is a bit overwhelming so I'm in need of a bit of advice.
For reference I'm about 5 foot, 16 and on the slimmer side every pair I look at is too big.
Should I just opt for kids sizes or will that affect the fit of the shorts?

weareHKR

Kids are usually quite small ... Go for kids sizes!

Well, I'm 4ft 11, and a UK size 10 below the waist.

Kids sizes generally don't tend to fit over an adult woman's hips. God knows, I've tried, because it's the leg length thing with me... Who knows, you might be lucky if you're the right shape, but don't hold your breath...

I really like the shorts and tights from Decathlon. Especially their ladies' MTB capri pants, as I hate the silicone "grip strip" you find on most shorts. Oddly, I also like their men's unpadded MTB shorts - can't remember which ones now, but they're the ones that sell for £30 a pair. I think the capri pants are around £25, so neither will break the bank.

I wear a "small" in both, just to give you an idea.

CanucksTraveller

Macho Business Donkey Wrestler
I get my daughter's from Amazon, she's just under 5 foot and I get her the Dolphin Kick ones, I think they're twenty odd quid. She reports that they're really comfortable.
Decathlon's are good also, just avoid the cheapest range and go for the mid priced ones upward.

Reynard is definitely the best placed member to advise though.

Top Bottom