Africa Solo - Mark Beaumont

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Globalti

Legendary Member
The poor bloke is about to reach Nairobbery, the most dangerous part of the journey. It used to be a nice place to visit but it's now just a filthy traffic-choked dump.

BigonaBianchi

Yes I can, Yes I am, Yes I did...Repeat.
The poor bloke is about to reach Nairobbery, the most dangerous part of the journey. It used to be a nice place to visit but it's now just a filthy traffic-choked dump.
bit like worthing then

Globalti

Legendary Member
Not so much a serious urban mugger as an African drunk on palm wine.

He'll be enjoying himself today, temperature about 26c and nice and dry on the Highveldt with a bit of a tailwind. I'm due there in 3 weeks - can't wait.

Last edited:

Globalti

Legendary Member
He's about 100 kms outside Cape Town now but he's got two mountains to cross first.

He'd be good on the Fred Whitton.

Globalti

Legendary Member
He's in the winelands, you can see those mountains from Cape Town. Hope he doesn't stop off at Franschoek or Stellenbosch and neck a bottle of bubbly then fall off 60 kms from the end!

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
A 59 day record down to 42 days - that's beating it in style! A couple of days ago BBC World Service were hoping to get him online - I think he was about 240 miles from the end - but I don't know whether they managed to speak to him. Anybody know?

Top Bottom