Ah! That extra hour of daylight...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

cannondale boy

Über Member
Indeed...but still had to use my lights this morning as it was still dark and a touch frosty. But as the day went on, the sun was shining and it was a great ride home! :girl:

Fab Foodie

hanging-on in quiet desperation ...
It's chuffin' marvelous!
Walked home from work this evening in just a shirt and was still a bit sweaty,there was the smell of freshly cut grass also in the air. Summer's coming, I can feel it in my bones...and it feels GOOD.

It's nice to see it get to 7.30pm and still be light - it has seemed a long winter. Somehow, when it's dark at 4.30pm, you just want to shut up shop, keep warm and watch tv of an evening.

To me it means the anticipation of things like this
2007_08091Run0005.jpg

and this
2007_08091Run0002.jpg

Leaves on trees, green grass etc
2007_08091Run0004.jpg

:biggrin:.

Monkey Boy

Saturday 40 miler morning ride - check
Sunday 20 miler after the kids had gone to bed (7pm) - check
Monday 20 miler after the kids had gone to bed (7pm) - check
Is it gonna happen on Wed, Thurs and Friday too? - Oh yes!

Let the good times roll!!!!!! Sumer is round the corner.

surfgurl

To me it is all about being able to sit on the bench in the sun by the river for a few minutes before going in to work. As opposed to sheltering from the rain under the tree shivering with the cold.

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
Ah, sorry! It means I get to work during the late evenings, and still go home in the dark, more people want to skate in spring and summer than in the winter. At least I get the ride in in daylight though.

surfgurl said:
To me it is all about being able to sit on the bench in the sun by the river for a few minutes before going in to work. As opposed to sheltering from the rain under the tree shivering with the cold.

I used to do that on my way to work in summer. Lovely watching the birds and ducks scuttling about. Bit difficult at the moment as they seem to be 'redeveloping' the side of the River Derwent in the city (I believe they have come up with the name ...'Riverside'...) and the bit by the Industrial Museum where I used to take a breather is pretty inaccessible now.

Arch

Married to Night Train
<pedant> It's not an extra hour of daylight, it's just that the daylight we have shifts a bit. The extra daylight is a few minutes a day until mid June... </pedant>

But it is nice, feels like spring is well and truely here...:biggrin:

Top Bottom