1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ahhhh simple pleasures...

Discussion in 'CycleChat Cafe' started by Fab Foodie, 30 Oct 2007.

1. Fab Foodie

Fab Foodie hanging-on in quiet desperation ...

OK, I know most of you now have me down as a miserable git and all-round killjoy, but sometimes I can be fun...no really...

Anyway, last night was my turn to help at Beavers (cue Patrick Stevens...), there was a lot of Fire-worky related activity and also blowing-up and letting go of different shape balloons, some span around like Catherine Wheels,and others were long sausage-shaped ones that flew forever around the room in that erratic way that only a sausage-shaped balloon can...behind radiators, under tables etc.
    It was pure joy, simple pleasure of small kids a big hall and flying balloons. Stuff the computer age.

Also enjoyed a game of pea-footie on the hall floor!

2. Dayvo

Dayvo Just passin' through

Went to a posh wedding on Jersey once and us Essex boys introduced penny-up-the-wall (no, NOT Penny up the wall :blush:) to the more, should we say, sophisticated! The game was a huge success and there was a queue to join 'our' xx( gang'!

I tried to explain to a mate here about the great game of conkers, but he just wasn't interested. :biggrin::biggrin:

3. longers

longers Veteran

Sounds good :biggrin:.
    I don't think you sound grumpy by the way, just normal(ish) :blush:

Simple pleasures are indeed just that, there's no great expectation or disappointment if things don't go to plan. There's no pre-conception of results or aims as they can be made up on the spot or altered in an instant to suit the mood or moment.

I remember reading a line somewhere, possibly on here, that you don't stop playing because you get old, you get old because you stop playing.