AIBU to direct your attention to…

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

anothersam

SMIDSMe
the joyful nonsense of another cyclist-bashing thread on Mumsnet? Here you go: To think cycling should be banned under lockdown?

yY9WhGW.jpg

Slick

Guru
A couple of informed replies but I did laugh at the "I don't like cyclists in general" funny as. :laugh:

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
Fortunately there are always some good replies, but there's a steady drip-drip-drip of disdain and outright loathing; hence my BINGO card, made after an earlier excursion.

Slick

Guru
Fortunately there are always some good replies, but there's a steady drip-drip-drip of disdain and outright loathing; hence my BINGO card, made after an earlier excursion.
Yeah, I like it. I've downloaded it for printing at work when the usual discussions start up, I might personalise it a bit to suit the screwball opinions I normally get hit with. 👍

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
What’s a penis beaker? ( will I regret asking?)

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
What’s a penis beaker? ( will I regret asking?)
a) Lab equipment for growig a reproductive organ (one hesitates to say a male organ, in this day and age).
b) Another way of calling a muppet a dick.
c) Possibly apocryphal Mumsnet story of cleaning ritual after sexual congress. If Justine Roberts herself planted it, it further proves her PR genius.

EltonFrog

Legendary Member
I went on on mums net once ( gap intentional) it is the internet equivalent of a cancerous growth and serves no useful purpose.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
it is the internet equivalent of a cancerous growth and serves no useful purpose.
It has doubtless been helpful for women sufferering domestic abuse, and seeking advice about rocky relationships – though the latter has since entered the anals [deliberate misspelling] of Mumsnet lore thanks to one too many frivolous calls of LTB = Leave The Bastard.

There are many many users, and so plenty of people worth listening to… if you have the patience.

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G_gfgxkZryM

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
Mumsnet can be a good source for some things but like most social media it has its share of trolls , i do like this response to the thread though :smile:
There seem to a lot of people who’s only form of exercise seems to be picking up the phone and walking to the car who seem to resent others trying to keep fit.

OP
OP
anothersam

anothersam

SMIDSMe
AIBU to bump this old thread after reading ianrauk’s post:
Though to put it into it's full Cycle Chat Bingo context.. You need to add that it was a Lycrad up roadie cyclist that didn't say hello
I'll admit that I may not be the best cycling ambassador in my neck of the woods: no helmet, hands-free when possible, and for extra credit if they're extra observant, the telltale ipod creeper vine. I especially enjoy cruising by chaperoned groups of school kids so as to serve as possible fodder for a lesson on foolishness, and Speedwatch patrols, who have been known point their radar gun at me, and likely take a dim view of road users not properly attired in matching dayglo.

Last edited:
Top Bottom