Airport Parking

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bazzer

Setting the controls for the heart of the sun.
My wife and I used to use the shuttle bus to an off site car park, but from a sparkling service to begin with, we found that by the time we had waited for the bus, etc., we could have checked in or been home long ago.
The gap between booking a space and travelling is also significant. I am away next week. Someone travelling in our party was, on Tuesday, quoted £138 for 7 days parking. My parking in the same place was less than half that, because of booking early. So for him it is cheaper to get a taxi.

A mate went to pick his car up from a non-airport car park after a flight to find it full of rubbish and a sleeping bag. Seems at least one of the staff lived in the cars while people were away.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Don't use the airport solves the problem.

Quite. Not flying at present due to the mess at airports with check in and security, and planes are a covid incubator - 3 of my family, from the same flight, have all just caught covid.

PS Taxi or drop off as I'm less than 10 miles from Manchester Airport

Brandane

Legendary Member
A friend of ours regularly flies between Gatwick and Inverness. She drives up to Gatwick and has for many years been parking in the driveway of a bungalow near the airport. There's a fair few who supplement their pension by doing the same thing. The chap drops her off at the airport and then parks her car on his drive. She lets him know the date of her return and texts him when her flight has landed, he then comes and collects her. I'm not sure of the cost, but she's been doing this for quite a few years now.

Sounds like they are using yourparkingspace.co.uk or similar. People with parking spaces to rent can do so via the site.
I have used them a few times, there are good deals to be had. Glasgow airport parking can be booked through them at a fraction of the NCP rip off rates, and you use the car park of the Holiday Inn Express, 2 minutes walk from the terminal.
I have also used them when going to France on cycling trips. Drive to Portsmouth with the bike in the car, park at a hotel just off the A27 (Holiday Inn Express again!) and then cycle a few miles to the ferry port. Rates for a week or so were very reasonable, about £5 per day IIRC..

Brandane

Legendary Member
I don't like using any long term car parking where they insist on you leaving your car keys with them.
I seem to remember hearing stories in the past of some less than scrupulous places selling engine and electronic parts which were swapped over from a faulty car, while you were safely out of the way for a few days.

OP
OP
The Central Scrutinizer
Your car may be at the house, but who cuts your grass. Sister is worried that as the grass is tall no one is at home.
True.

Top Bottom