AK53 ZWK Silver Nissan Micra

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
To be perfectly honest I haven't read the complete thread but I really hope Crankarm reconsiders his decision to pack up commuting by bike. My previous dealings with the aforementioned gentleman tell me that he loves his cycling, whether for work or for pleasure, and it would be such a shame if some selfish, ignorant motorist (sic) should persuade him to take to the car himself. I have aways found Cranky to be very helpful and it would be a loss to these forums should he decide to hang up his bicycle clips even though I can understand the reasons why.

Yeah it is a shame.

OP
OP
Crankarm

Crankarm

Guru
The last 2 weeks have been good. A real relief not having the daily bid to stay alive on a bike. I like the car option. I have been keeping active by doing a lot of running, up to about 6-7 miles a day, 5 days a week. I confess I am thinking of going out for a ride really early this sunday as it WILL be really quiet being a Bank Holiday weekend. But the weather is looking decidely iffy. Tbh I don't want more near death experiences from motons and being on the recieving end of a freezing and soaking ride into the bargain as well.

How have others' rides been this week? Much aggro or aggression, any near death experiences?

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
An entirely calm and trouble-free week. No bad driving at all on the Wednesday club run.
Later that evening, though, there was some lunatic riding a bike down my road after about six pints, who could potentially have caused me some serious damage.
In fact, he was riding my bike down my road.
Oh.
Hang on.
That was me :smile:

D

Deleted member 1258

Crankarm said:
The last 2 weeks have been good. A real relief not having the daily bid to stay alive on a bike. I like the car option. I have been keeping active by doing a lot of running, up to about 6-7 miles a day, 5 days a week. I confess I am thinking of going out for a ride really early this sunday as it WILL be really quiet being a Bank Holiday weekend. But the weather is looking decidely iffy. Tbh I don't want more near death experiences from motons and being on the recieving end of a freezing and soaking ride into the bargain as well.

How have others' rides been this week? Much aggro or aggression, any near death experiences?

Much as they always are, the rides to and from work Monday to Thursday just part of life's routine. Today I have been on holiday, I went out and did a fifty miler this morning, rode out to Cosby, the Cafe there has reopened under new management. Enjoyable ride out but a bit of a slog back into the wind.

Glow worm

Legendary Member
Not bad at all. In fact very pleasant. The dry weather has meant my favourite commute across the fen using farm tracks and an old railway line has dried out enough to make it viable again without getting covered in mud so I can use that route now to avoid motons altogether (at least as far as Fen Ditton). which is just great .

Jaguar

Crankarm said:
How have others' rides been this week? Much aggro or aggression...?
Just the usual.
I got called "rude" this morning by 3 women pushing buggies on the bike lane (blocking the entire path) while ignoring the adjacent footpath.
All I did was bib my merry little horn (it's a jolly noise, not at all aggressive) to let them know I was there.
One apologised so I said "sokay" but another got a bit gobby. It upset my whole day tbh

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Not much trouble Cranky..... had a packet of wotsits chucked all over me by a car passenger - gutted, I was starving.......:smile:... didn't even catch one.... the 'hard man' ducked and dived in traffic to get away.......... no wotsits in the vending machine at work, so settled for Doritos....:biggrin:

Get on that bike young man.......:smile::smile:

Not too bad...don't really like the 8am and 5pm commutes.

Commuting tommorow and Sunday which will be different.

Top Bottom