Aksium/fulcrum/shimano etc 700c wheels rim brake

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

MY95

Hi all
Looking for a pair of new/fairly new/VGC mavic aksium/fulcrums/shimano r500/501/rs10/rs010 or similar (budget of up to £100)
What have people got for sale?
Thanks
Matthew

Last edited:

vickster

Legendary Member
might want to specify budget

Last edited:
Thanks for the advice! Yeah they were the ones I was looking at, how bad are the standard ones ive mentioned?

Ive no idea but they'll probably be okay. I run Shimano RS31 on one of my bikes, they ain't especially light but they're well made and imho look great - check that Merlin link, they're selling for £100 a pair at the mo, and you can pick black or white!

RS21s are a bit lighter, but less good looking imho, and less aero.

Fulcrums last very well, in my experience. I liked my old Racing 5s so much I bought a new pair instead of blowing more money on expensiver upgrades.

bb

OP
OP
M

MY95

Thanks, Yes would be going for Fulcrums if I was buying a brand new set as they are £100 at the moment with tyres and wheel bags

OP
OP
M

MY95

Tempted, but im going to see how long the currents last unless I can get a cheap deal nearly new on the forum/eBay, will have a year warranty on the standard wheels/build so will just use the bike loads the first few weeks and see how they last!

Tempted, but im going to see how long the currents last unless I can get a cheap deal nearly new on the forum/eBay, will have a year warranty on the standard wheels/build so will just use the bike loads the first few weeks and see how they last!

Or buy the fulcrum now while they're cheap and keep them in storage. They don't come at 100 quid too often.

vickster

Legendary Member
The Fulcrum 7s are around £100 (basically same as the Khamsins), OP doesn't say which variant are £100

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
I was going to link to the Khamsins at Merlin, but see that I have been beaten to it. I have ridden thousands of miles on mine and like them. The only problem was the freehub not engaging from time to time. A cheap replacement spring and a clean and lube sorted that out.

I have Aksiums on another bike. They are pretty good value for money too.

Top Bottom