Alas, the neglected steel vintage...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.
I used to have this old bike that I picked up from a friend for a tenner.

Nicely lugged steel frame falcon, I used to leave it outside my uni flat - loads of drunk students used to ride around at night - always returning it after. Once in bath, I snapped the front brake cable down bathwick hill. Ahh, we had some good times. Then it got thrown into a building site and I never saw it again (only a year later a friend confessed.)

When I saw this photo, it made me sad to realise the potential this old bike had, and the abuse I gave it :sad:

http://picasaweb.google.com/lawrence.winter/BarcelonaTripSummer10#5532743782302269506

Can you see this?

Anyway, what a waste of a good bike that was, i'd fully use that now if I could...

Alembicbassman

Confused.com
Maybe the builders recycled it for gas pipe. :smile:

Spokesmann

Keeping the Carlton and Sun names alive...
The best place for all fixies...
laugh.gif

OP
OP
lmow20

lmow20

If it ain't titanium, it's not that cool.
I agree, fixie scum.

I found a plush Stan Pike custom frame with open pro wheels and campag daytona triple groupset (chorus shifters) for 300 this weekend. Omg the campag shifting (to which I was virgin) is unreal! I love it. Only thing is, The shift lever behind the brake lever would clatter loudly every time I hit a bump, so I taped a bit of rubber with electric tape (looks ok considering) and now literally all you here is the whir of the spokes in the wind. Unbelievable. Shame the ti lynskey Im having built has already been ordered! (btw, I did sell a kydney for it)

Pics - sadly I have no camera... sorry.

Top Bottom