Aldi aluminium Cob lights

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jarlrmai

Veteran
yeah the mount plate is square.

Metal8

That's Dad that is!
Yes, the mounting plate is square but, it's that the bit that moves to adjust the angle only moves one way.
So if it's turned 90 degrees it doesn't move up or down, it moves left to right.
Hope that makes sense?

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
Well i finally managed to pop in to my local Aldi I bought a tail light to see how it compares to the ones ive seen.... Utter bollocks Its weak as sh!te. For a backup or childrens light for them to play around with i guess its fine. I'll probs give it away to my neighbours kids or someone. Couldnt find any of their rear COB lights but i did find a front which i have to say am fairly impressed with

OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
You can alter it up or down or left or right. The swivel joint only has one movement but you can alter the other angle of the light by moving the bracket round.

Last edited:

RoubaixCube

~Tribanese~
OP
OP
johnnyb47

johnnyb47

Guru
I think were talking about different lights here sorry. I was referring to the rechargeable cob lights that were selling for £12.99

jimhead

Just to chime in - I bought a front and rear COB light (£12.99 each) and I'm very impressed. It feels like a quality piece of kit, including the mounts. It's identical to the Moon version except has a different sticker on it. I can't comment on the run times yet though.

Stevec047

Über Member
I just purchase one of the rears to use in conjunction with my bullet led style rear light. This one clips on my saddle bag and I am super impressed with it. The light settings go from bright to burn you eyes bright and the strobe setting would give anyone an epileptic fit so will pass on using that.

Time will tell how well the light works but it may end up being used as a solid main rear with the current one fitted as a flash option.

nickyboy

Norven Mankey
I'll have a nosey at these tonight.

Do they have the rubber style watch strap mount, like the £9.99 ones do? I bought a rear £9.99 jobbie last year and it's great and probably the best thing for me is the rubber mount can be mounted on the stays really easily. I have a saddle bag that takes up the seat post so cannot attac a light to the seat post.

The £9.99 rear is a really good VFM light. Incredibly bright too.

Glad to hear the 9.99 ones are good. Just bought the front/rear pair of this model. I don't cycle at night so they are just for gloomy winter daytime riding so should suffice

andrew_s

Legendary Member
It's identical to the Moon version except has a different sticker on it.
There are visible differences other than the branding.

The Aldi saya "Made in China"; the Moon says "Designed in HK, Made in PRC"
There's one dark spot next to each LED on the Aldi; the Moon has a dark spot either side of each LED
The arrangement of the LEDs at the ends is different, the Moon following a more rounded curve.
The Moon is slightly brighter when the two are next to each other.
The Moon comes with a different seatpost bracket - a 3 section hinged affair rather than a simple rubber strap, which would probably fit aero seatposts better.

and...

The Moon has a quality control sticker on it.

Top Bottom