Aldi bargains -headwear and glasses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zoiders

I have a pair, still going strong, a bit scratched but thats what you get for wearing them as eye protection in the bike workshop

I shall be getting another pair this time as the yellow tint seems better suited than the heavy orange of my current pair, possibly two pairs in case of breakages

Noodley

Their "cycling glasses" did not appear last time round - maybe these are they, now mascerading as Sports Glasses to "endure the most arduous of sporting conditions"? Or cycle workshops...:sad:

gbb

Legendary Member
If you havnt got any anyone out there....get some glasses. Brilliant for those frosty cold mornings. They stop the streaming stinging eyes in the cold.

mikeitup

Veteran
re:

Got 2 pairs the last time round. Crap!!
The "waterproof" gloves, crap! The Skullcap, good.
Overshoes, absolute crap!

you get what you pay for :biggrin:

mikeitup

Veteran
re:

I forgot about the socks (3 pairs the last time). They are good, I agree.

I ordered some DHB glasses which are great.

Membrane

mikeitup said:
Got 2 pairs the last time round. Crap!!
The "waterproof" gloves, crap! The Skullcap, good.
Overshoes, absolute crap!

you get what you pay for :biggrin:

Are you sure the gloves were advertised as "waterproof"? I got their winter gloves this year and last year, and they certainly were not advertised/labelled as such.

Also got the skullcap and overshoes this year. I've seen a few people complain about the overshoes, turns out they were expecting them to keep water out. They aren't waterproof and were not advertised as such, they are to keep your feet warm on dry cold days.

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
Neoprene certainly isn't waterproof (hence my plastic bag trick). If you want waterproof overshoes, it needs to be the ones that are made out of a rubbery material, rather thin, but very water resistant (if expensive).

My Altura nightvision gloves, despite having 'waterproof' embroidered on them, lasted about 25 minutes last night in the rain, then they got wet, but my fingers were nice and warm......

jiggerypokery

Über Member
Yay! Got some glasses...fab value for money compared to my Rudy Projecpair.

The Skiing gear was pretty good too and had it not been for the arrival of JP junior I would have been upgrading my skiing gear at Aldi rather than Snow & Ripoff.

mikeitup

Veteran
Membrane said:
Are you sure the gloves were advertised as "waterproof"? I got their winter gloves this year and last year, and they certainly were not advertised/labelled as such.

Also got the skullcap and overshoes this year. I've seen a few people complain about the overshoes, turns out they were expecting them to keep water out. They aren't waterproof and were not advertised as such, they are to keep your feet warm on dry cold days.

Overshoes, both zips went on 'em. Didn't expect em to be waterproof. (got some Pro Endure H20's for that :biggrin:)

Gloves can't remember about waterproof so fair point.

Top Bottom